The Student Room Group

Stupid speed bumps

Today I was coming home and came across a temp speed bump that must of covered something as it was near road works. I have a 2016 Corsa. I went slow up it but when I came down I kind of letted it pick too much speed the front suspension did go down considerable but I dont think it bottomed out. and the rear came over a bit fast but I slowed it down more. Do you think I would have caused any damage?
For the remainder of the ride home (2 miles) I turned the fans and radio off and I couldn't hear no unusual sounds or anything. Plus the car was handling normally so would you say I got away with this one?

I had a service about a month back and they said the suspension was fine then its at 46000 miles and the car hasn't really ever had problems.

Any advice would be great thanks at the moment I cant really afford to get it checked out professionally but as it seems normal I hope all is good with it.
I imagine it will be fine, it doesn't sound like you really 'hit' it and at the end of the day this is why is has suspension. If you want give it a stiff push down on the front and back to make sure no weird noises or offside.
Reply 2
Thanks Yea also to note I do have a speed bump which is on my street I have to go over and when I went over it like normal there was no extra bouncy. When I go out tomorrow I will give it a little push down.
Reply 3
I have gone outside now and quickly done it all sides returned to still after 1-2 bounces also there was no noise.
Reply 4
I have also watched a few videos about good tests and my car did the same so I think all is good. how long should shocks and stuff usually last until they need replacing anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest