The Student Room Group

Should I do A-Level maths if I'm looking to do an economics degree?

So I'm looking to do an economics degree at a top level university however I'm not sure if I should take A level maths to have better chances of getting past the entry requirements. I'm a gcse student and can change my A levels at this point and I'm going to do Economics, Chemistry and either Business or Maths. So overall should I do maths or no?
Reply 1
Take Maths - and if you can, also Further Maths.

Whilst there are Econ courses that only want GCSE Maths you will find that taking A level Maths will give you many more possible choices including top Unis like Bristol, Bath etc
Reply 2
Original post by Zidane77
So I'm looking to do an economics degree at a top level university however I'm not sure if I should take A level maths to have better chances of getting past the entry requirements. I'm a gcse student and can change my A levels at this point and I'm going to do Economics, Chemistry and either Business or Maths. So overall should I do maths or no?

Heya!
A lot of economics degrees do have alvl maths (and possibly FM) as a must in the entry requirements, so taking it would greatly benefit you! Unis don't really like when you have economics and business alvl combo as the subjects are very similar, so picking maths would be better!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending