The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Can my allotted accommodation be changed?

Hi. I’ve been assigned to an accommodation at Victoria Park campus, however I want a city campus accommodation. I have sent an email to the uni accommodation team requesting the change. What are the chances of them considering my request? I’m a post grad student with an unconditional offer.
Reply 1
usually all the accommodations get booked up. If they have an empty spot in the city campus accommodation, they may put you forward but I'd say the chances are pretty low.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
I’ve just finished my first year and I know lots of people who swapped, my friend emailed saying she couldn’t afford other accoms so got the one she wanted and lots of people moved in the first semester.
People drop out or move flats etc so you can apply to move and lots of people did. I would be cautious living in the city accommodations though as I know they can be a bit lonely and significantly harder to make friends in. But! If you join societies and put yourself out there I’m sure you’ll be fine. I lived in Fallowfield and i couldn’t recommend the area enough

Hope this helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending