The Student Room Group

Room wanted

Hi I'm at my first year
Looking for accommodation asap
Original post by Codym12
Hi I'm at my first year

If you're at uni, you typically need to check with your uni accommodation office. It's slim pickings since you're late but there's usually a spare room lurking somewhere. You will need to check with them first thing though.
As I don't know which uni you're at, I don't know which office to refer you to.

On the other hand, if you are at college or uni accomodation can't help you, consider renting a room near your institution using spareroom.com. It's generally a good site to find a room to rent, but you need to beware of some landlords who might not do everything by the book.
Original post by Codym12
Hi I'm at my first year

Hey! I’m looking for a replacement tenant who can move into my studio in Wembley ASAP! Rent’s from 375 pw as it’s on the 20th floor :”)

If anyone’s interested/ knows someone who is PLEASE spread the word! Thanks!
Hi All, I am looking for someone(girl) to takeover by tenancy at students accommodation at Chapters Kings Cross near Kings Cross (N19JP) from Mid December/ early January. It is Silver twin ensuite room with a kitchen and bathroom attached. The tenant will have access to gym and laundry. The place is just 4 mins walk from Kings Cross St. Pancras Station, thus connects you to every place in London. It is at 25-30 mins walk from universities like LSE, UCL, KCL and practically every university in central London. So if you are a student, you end up saving on the transportation cost. The rent is GBP 1260 per month which includes all bills and gym access. Thanks
Reply 4
Hello, I have a room in Handel Mansion and I would like to move out by January, my contract ends until August 2024.It is £234.78 PW, self-catered with a shared bathroom with two other people.
-Single bed with a mattress
-Spacious desk, desk chair, desk lamp, pinboard, small bin
-Drawers, shelves, wardrobe
-Window curtains
-Wi-Fi is included
You will be able to cook your meals or have dinner parties with your flatmates in the shared kitchen. It comes with a cooker, oven, washing machine/tumble dryer, microwave, kettle, fridge-freezer and cupboards.The bathroom has a sink, bathtub with a shower curtain, mirror and toilet.
Located next to St. George Gardens with plenty of restaurants, bars, cafes and supermarkets (Sainsbury, Tesco, Waitrose etc.)About a 12min walk to IOE, UCL, SOAS, UOL, Birkbeck
6min walk to Russel Square, 10min walk to King's Cross Station
Must be a full time student studying at a publicly funded university based in London.
how are you lot able to afford that much a week? I’m just asking cause I’m hoping to start uni in sep 2024 and rent is like £180 a week and I’m worried about how I’m gonna afford it. Do unis have support?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous_7871
how are you lot able to afford that much a week? I’m just asking cause I’m hoping to start uni in sep 2024 and rent is like £180 a week and I’m worried about how I’m gonna afford it. Do unis have support?

I had some savings before coming to London and when looking for accommodation close to university this was the cheapest unfortunately. The main reason i'm moving out is because I had to find something cheaper even if it was farther away, so I understand. I think there are scholarship programs that would help with the fees, depending on the uni.
Original post by OumK
I had some savings before coming to London and when looking for accommodation close to university this was the cheapest unfortunately. The main reason i'm moving out is because I had to find something cheaper even if it was farther away, so I understand. I think there are scholarship programs that would help with the fees, depending on the uni.

Hopefully I’ll have £10000 of my own money saved so that should get me through 1st year. But I’m gonna have to take out a maintenance loan, literally no other option…. Gonna leave me with allot of debt 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending