The Student Room Group

gap year

if I take gap year, and want to apply to med, what are the best things to do? and if anyone has websites or anything that can help pls drop below. I’m looking for 2025 entry
Original post by mazzyy
if I take gap year, and want to apply to med, what are the best things to do? and if anyone has websites or anything that can help pls drop below. I’m looking for 2025 entry

depends what stage you are in your education, have you done your A levels? if not smash you A levels. also do allot of work experience and volunteering, get a job, revise for admission test
Reply 2
Original post by B7861
depends what stage you are in your education, have you done your A levels? if not smash you A levels. also do allot of work experience and volunteering, get a job, revise for admission test

going into yr 13, working to get atleast A* AA. I’ve got work experience in primary schools care homes and a hosptial so I think I’m good with that. In the gap year I hope to either volunteer or do some kind of job. doing the ucat in four days so 🙏🙏 hopefully. If I do a gap year, what would you recommend me do it to enhance my application
Original post by mazzyy
going into yr 13, working to get atleast A* AA. I’ve got work experience in primary schools care homes and a hosptial so I think I’m good with that. In the gap year I hope to either volunteer or do some kind of job. doing the ucat in four days so 🙏🙏 hopefully. If I do a gap year, what would you recommend me do it to enhance my application

well if you do a gap year you have to re do UCAT. in terms of enhancing you application get some more experience and if you have good stats prep for interviews more as you will have more time due to no school. by the way if your going into yr 13 and still not sent your application yet why you already thinking of a gap year? I would suggest that at the moment get gap year out of your head and concentrate getting in for 2024 entry

good luck with UCAT
Original post by mazzyy

Gap year is fine if you're wanting it, just apply for deferred entry. Process is identical but if you recieve an offer you'd start in 2025 not 2024. You can then enjoy your gap year care free, work and travel before starting.
Reply 5
Original post by iWillMakeIt2022
Gap year is fine if you're wanting it, just apply for deferred entry. Process is identical but if you recieve an offer you'd start in 2025 not 2024. You can then enjoy your gap year care free, work and travel before starting.

i want to still apply this year, just in case i dont get the grades for med,i can still do uni
Reply 6
Original post by B7861
well if you do a gap year you have to re do UCAT. in terms of enhancing you application get some more experience and if you have good stats prep for interviews more as you will have more time due to no school. by the way if your going into yr 13 and still not sent your application yet why you already thinking of a gap year? I would suggest that at the moment get gap year out of your head and concentrate getting in for 2024 entry

good luck with UCAT

thank youu. I am still gonna apply for the 2024 entry but Im keeping my options open. my predicted grades were one off what I need for med, but apart from med I genuinely can't see myself enjoying anything except maybe biomed engineering which I am gonna apply for this yrs entry.
what are you predicted?
Original post by mazzyy
thank youu. I am still gonna apply for the 2024 entry but Im keeping my options open. my predicted grades were one off what I need for med, but apart from med I genuinely can't see myself enjoying anything except maybe biomed engineering which I am gonna apply for this yrs entry.
Reply 8
Original post by B7861
what are you predicted?

AAB
Ask for a mock test to prove youre willing to work for that A for whichever subject it is. Most teachers generally will just give you an A should you say youre applying for medicine
Reply 10
Original post by iWillMakeIt2022
Ask for a mock test to prove youre willing to work for that A for whichever subject it is. Most teachers generally will just give you an A should you say youre applying for medicine

my school is so strict and don't do resits/change our grades. I spoke to them alr about it, idk what to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending