The Student Room Group

Comp sci without A level math

In doing a BTEC in IT and I'm predicted D*D*D*. The problem is I don't do A level math, with restricts me a LOT in choosing universities :frown: what university courses could I apply to? I want to try and go to the best university possible without math XD maybe foundation years? Is that the only option
Original post by revo349
In doing a BTEC in IT and I'm predicted D*D*D*. The problem is I don't do A level math, with restricts me a LOT in choosing universities :frown: what university courses could I apply to? I want to try and go to the best university possible without math XD maybe foundation years? Is that the only option

These are some of the best available and the GCSE requirement. There might be others. Otherwise it is going to be a foundation year. You will need to check if the university is in extra

Computer Science without A Level Maths

Aberystwyth grade C or4 GCSE
Aston grade 4 GCSE
Cardiff grade 6 GCSE
East Anglia grade 5 GCSE. Accepts A level in Computing Science and other subjects
Keele grade 4 GCSE
Kent grade 4 GCSE
Lancaster grade 6 GCSE
Leeds grade 6 GCSE Accepts Computing
Liverpool grade 4 GCSE Accepts Computer science
Newcastle grade 6 GCSE
Nottingham grade 5 Accepts Computing
Queen Mary grade 5 Accepts Computer Science
Reading Maths, Physics or Computer Science grade 6
Royal Holloway grade 6 accepts CS, Maths or Physics
Sussex grade 6
Swansea grade 6 in Maths or Physics
(Original post by revo349)In doing a BTEC in IT and I'm predicted D*D*D*. The problem is I don't do A level math, with restricts me a LOT in choosing universities :frown: what university courses could I apply to? I want to try and go to the best university possible without math XD maybe foundation years? Is that the only option

Hi there!
If you are looking to study a related subject at university, here at Kent we have Computer Science that requires BTEC Distinction, Distinction and Merit to apply. A Level subjects are not specified so maths you will not be disadvantaged. As long as you have a grade 4 in GCSE Mathematics and the required BTEC grades you should be fine. I will attach the link to the entry requirement page if you want to browse for more information: https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/124/computer-science

I hope this helps and if you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:

Tracy
UKC Rep
Original post by University of Kent Reps
(Original post by revo349)In doing a BTEC in IT and I'm predicted D*D*D*. The problem is I don't do A level math, with restricts me a LOT in choosing universities :frown: what university courses could I apply to? I want to try and go to the best university possible without math XD maybe foundation years? Is that the only option

Hi there!
If you are looking to study a related subject at university, here at Kent we have Computer Science that requires BTEC Distinction, Distinction and Merit to apply. A Level subjects are not specified so maths you will not be disadvantaged. As long as you have a grade 4 in GCSE Mathematics and the required BTEC grades you should be fine. I will attach the link to the entry requirement page if you want to browse for more information: https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/124/computer-science

I hope this helps and if you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:

Tracy
UKC Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending