The Student Room Group

English Language Paper 2: Help please!

So in my English Language paper today i felt really good about it. I answered all the questions in good time while knowing what I was doing, I got an 8 in my Eng Lang paper 2 mock. It was after the exam that I realised I had referred to the person in source A as a woman the whole time and the person in source B a man when it was the other way round and now I’m panicking. I don’t think it was extremely often, most of the time I just referred to the writer as ‘the writer’ while specifying I was talking about Source A/B. So would this lose me a lot of marks? I’m worried since I NEED a 6 in English Language and I didn’t feel incredible about paper 1.
Reply 1
Original post by larachse
So in my English Language paper today i felt really good about it. I answered all the questions in good time while knowing what I was doing, I got an 8 in my Eng Lang paper 2 mock. It was after the exam that I realised I had referred to the person in source A as a woman the whole time and the person in source B a man when it was the other way round and now I’m panicking. I don’t think it was extremely often, most of the time I just referred to the writer as ‘the writer’ while specifying I was talking about Source A/B. So would this lose me a lot of marks? I’m worried since I NEED a 6 in English Language and I didn’t feel incredible about paper 1.

it shouldn't matter if you've clearly stated which extract is being talked about in other ways like by saying the title or by using quotations. It may be a bit harder to understand and interpret but you should be all good. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending