The Student Room Group

What happens if you forget to divide your question 5 on language paper 1 into paragr?

For context, I'm normally an upper grade 9 student, but on language paper one I left my creative writing as a solid block of text- it was fully punctuated but had no line breaks. So basically I wrote one big paragraph. On the 2018 mark scheme it says you can only get 1-3 marks for content and organisation if you write no paragraphs. So I want to ask, have I just thrown away my grade 9? How many marks can I lose for this?
Reply 1
Original post by Sarahrose808
For context, I'm normally an upper grade 9 student, but on language paper one I left my creative writing as a solid block of text- it was fully punctuated but had no line breaks. So basically I wrote one big paragraph. On the 2018 mark scheme it says you can only get 1-3 marks for content and organisation if you write no paragraphs. So I want to ask, have I just thrown away my grade 9? How many marks can I lose for this?

Hi how did you get on as I have done exactly the same!!! First mocks so not too stressed about it but just be interesting to see what you got
Reply 2
Original post by angela12!
Hi how did you get on as I have done exactly the same!!! First mocks so not too stressed about it but just be interesting to see what you got

I think I must've lost a couple of marks at most, as my final grade was towards the higher end of a grade 8. The grade boundaries were harsher this year and I normally get marks on analysis, but since the paper was so easy to analyse, everyone excelled on that front. That said, I re kon it's around 3-4 marks at most, I wouldn't stress. Just don't do it in your actual exam like I did.
Reply 3
Thankyou I won’t!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending