The Student Room Group

Can I redeem myself on literature paper 2?

I didn't do too well on eng lit paper 1. I did quite a bit on Macbeth, but I remember spending some time rephrasing points, and I had very little time for the ACC question. I'm assuming I got a grade 4 at the very most on that paper. Is there still hope I can bump my literature grade to a 7 next wednesday, and is there any advice how I do this?
Original post by ab20254
I didn't do too well on eng lit paper 1. I did quite a bit on Macbeth, but I remember spending some time rephrasing points, and I had very little time for the ACC question. I'm assuming I got a grade 4 at the very most on that paper. Is there still hope I can bump my literature grade to a 7 next wednesday, and is there any advice how I do this?

You can still increase your grades to a certain point if you put in the work.
If you haven't already memorise all the quotes you need to know for the text you're doing.
Don't forget to include context (what was happening when it was written), themes (main ideas of the text), form/language (format and style of writing), structure (layout of the text) and key techniques used in the writing.
Vary your vocabulary as well - don't always use 'This shows', you can embed the quotes into your response 'She is portrayed as 'put quote here' or you can say 'This suggests/introduces/personifies/implies/portrays/conveys/communicates the idea of/indicates/expresses/depicts/illustrates'.
I hope that helps and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest