The Student Room Group

Please Help! OCR - A Level Geography

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask your opinion on one issue I apparently had while completing OCR Geography Paper 2, Human Interactions. In the last question about power and borders (16 marks), which asked to discuss with reference to one area of conflict, I accidentally mentioned more than one (possibly was too worried and/or too tired by the end of the paper). Do you believe that there is a chance of me being seriously downgraded for this when everything I have mentioned is accurate and place-specific information but just for more than one area of conflict, with my case also being very well argued (according to my teacher)?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by k990111
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask your opinion on one issue I apparently had while completing OCR Geography Paper 2, Human Interactions. In the last question about power and borders (16 marks), which asked to discuss with reference to one area of conflict, I accidentally mentioned more than one (possibly was too worried and/or too tired by the end of the paper). Do you believe that there is a chance of me being seriously downgraded for this when everything I have mentioned is accurate and place-specific information but just for more than one area of conflict, with my case also being very well argued (according to my teacher)?

First of all don't stress at all, I'm sure you did absolutely fine and are overthinking lol. But I don't think you'll be too harshly penalised for it, if they were going to be really harsh they could just mark you based on the first case study you made reference too, I've heard that done for other instances. But honestly not 100% certain, and I also guess it could come down to how lenient your marker is?

If your teacher's said it sounded like a well argued argument then I wouldn't stress.

Out of curiosity what case studies did you put in? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by BigNeal4
First of all don't stress at all, I'm sure you did absolutely fine and are overthinking lol. But I don't think you'll be too harshly penalised for it, if they were going to be really harsh they could just mark you based on the first case study you made reference too, I've heard that done for other instances. But honestly not 100% certain, and I also guess it could come down to how lenient your marker is?

If your teacher's said it sounded like a well argued argument then I wouldn't stress.

Out of curiosity what case studies did you put in? :smile:

Mostly Mali-an LIDC in conflict, which is meant to be my only case study; however, I have not started my essay as any other "with reference to a case study" with place specific detail about my chosen case study e.g. Mali, which is a country in Sub Saharan Africa, etc. As supplementary I have also used examples of East Timorese conflict in the 1990s and Bosnian War
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by k990111
Mostly Mali-an LIDC in conflict, which is meant to be my only case study; however, I have not started my essay as any other "with reference to a case study" with place specific detail about my chosen case study e.g. Mali, which is a country in Sub Saharan Africa, etc. As supplementary I have also used examples of East Timorese conflict in the 1990s and Bosnian War

Yeah I think that should be absolutely fine! And tbf, those are only tiny case studies anyway that you have used as supplementary so I wouldn't stress :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by BigNeal4
Yeah I think that should be absolutely fine! And tbf, those are only tiny case studies anyway that you have used as supplementary so I wouldn't stress :smile:

Thank you a lot! Your support is currently my best anxiety-reduction tool! )
Reply 5
Original post by k990111
Thank you a lot! Your support is currently my best anxiety-reduction tool! )

No problem at all! You'll be absolutely fine, don't stress whatsoever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending