The Student Room Group

London Unis from Hertfordshire

Hello,
Im applying to unis soon and my first choices would be all London Unis (that's my main goal/priority) and I'm just wondering if anyone commutes from South Hertfordshire/North London to go to uni or if it is worth getting accommodation. I would be studying psychology at uni. Unis I am thinking of include
- UCL
- Kings College London
- Queen Mary
- Royal Holloway University
- University of Greenwich

Please let me know how the timetables work and if this is doable or not. I really am unsure and don't have anyone else to ask personally xxx
Original post by majaxrose
Hello,
Im applying to unis soon and my first choices would be all London Unis (that's my main goal/priority) and I'm just wondering if anyone commutes from South Hertfordshire/North London to go to uni or if it is worth getting accommodation. I would be studying psychology at uni. Unis I am thinking of include
- UCL
- Kings College London
- Queen Mary
- Royal Holloway University
- University of Greenwich

Please let me know how the timetables work and if this is doable or not. I really am unsure and don't have anyone else to ask personally xxx

How long will it take. How do you attend travelling. If your arriving by train which station. Do you realise Royal Holloway is miles out of Central near Heathrow so might not be feasible by train whereas UCL is only a few minutes walk from Heathrow.

You need to do your research on the time you will need spending to each and decide then on when it is feasible. It would appear you would be better off staying but only you can decide that.
Original post by swanseajack1
How long will it take. How do you attend travelling. If your arriving by train which station. Do you realise Royal Holloway is miles out of Central near Heathrow so might not be feasible by train whereas UCL is only a few minutes walk from Heathrow.

You need to do your research on the time you will need spending to each and decide then on when it is feasible. It would appear you would be better off staying but only you can decide that.

In addition to any train journey you will need to add on the time getting to and from the station and the time for journey from I assume Euston to the universities. For Queen Mary it is over 1/2 hour each way plus time waiting at Euston, Greenwich 3/4 an hour and Royal Holloway and over an hour. In addition you have to add in the cost of rail and underground fares. You would need to consider how tired you will get and when you will have time for things like assignments and revision. I honestly doubt it will be feasible. Possibly UCL might if you live close to a station but it is doubtful the others would be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending