The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

International students

Hi, I'm international student what should I do when arrive to Swansea, what about brp card how to receive it? Should I visit university?, any discount for bus?
Reply 1
I believe that you get your biometric residence permit via your local post office. UKVI should say where you can get it from.

About your other question, I think that your university's page answers it thoroughly.

https://www.swansea.ac.uk/travel/public-transport/#bbq=on
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by Haya12345
Hi, I'm international student what should I do when arrive to Swansea, what about brp card how to receive it? Should I visit university?, any discount for bus?

All younger students can get a 1/3 off all fares by applying for the Welsh government pass which is free. If you are living on campus where your course is you wont need a pass. If you need help the university will help you. How are you arriving in Swansea and where are you staying
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
All younger students can get a 1/3 off all fares by applying for the Welsh government pass which is free. If you are living on campus where your course is you wont need a pass. If you need help the university will help you. How are you arriving in Swansea and where are you staying

what about older student?
Reply 4
Original post by Philip_04
I believe that you get your biometric residence permit via your local post office. UKVI should say where you can get it from.

About your other question, I think that your university's page answers it thoroughly.

https://www.swansea.ac.uk/travel/public-transport/#bbq=on

I do not know u will send email to university
what about older student?

It doesnt apply for those over 21. There are other fares available. Daily, weekly, term time and annual which most dont use as it includes holidays.
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=e16f0d88d8fb22ddJmltdHM9MTY4NzkxMDQwMCZpZ3VpZD0zNjQzYjFiYS0yNzM0LTZlMzItMWRhNy1hMWNlMjYxMzZmYTkmaW5zaWQ9NTUwMQ&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=3643b1ba-2734-6e32-1da7-a1ce26136fa9&psq=first+cymru&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZmlyc3RidXMuY28udWsvc291dGgtd2VzdC13YWxlcy90aWNrZXRzL3RpY2tldC1wcmljZXM&ntb=1

The difficulty is without full information it is very difficult to help you. How much will you use the bus. If you are staying on the campus where your course is you might not use the bus much so daily tickets would probably be better. If you intend travelling around Swansea a lot then longer tickets might be advisable. What you perhaps can do is speak to myunihub when you arrive and they can guide you.

It might be worth ringing the International office. They are used to dealing with overseas students so might be able to help you.
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
It doesnt apply for those over 21. There are other fares available. Daily, weekly, term time and annual which most dont use as it includes holidays.
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=e16f0d88d8fb22ddJmltdHM9MTY4NzkxMDQwMCZpZ3VpZD0zNjQzYjFiYS0yNzM0LTZlMzItMWRhNy1hMWNlMjYxMzZmYTkmaW5zaWQ9NTUwMQ&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=3643b1ba-2734-6e32-1da7-a1ce26136fa9&psq=first+cymru&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZmlyc3RidXMuY28udWsvc291dGgtd2VzdC13YWxlcy90aWNrZXRzL3RpY2tldC1wcmljZXM&ntb=1

The difficulty is without full information it is very difficult to help you. How much will you use the bus. If you are staying on the campus where your course is you might not use the bus much so daily tickets would probably be better. If you intend travelling around Swansea a lot then longer tickets might be advisable. What you perhaps can do is speak to myunihub when you arrive and they can guide you.

It might be worth ringing the International office. They are used to dealing with overseas students so might be able to help you.

Yes I'm not in the campus in need bus everyday
Yes I'm not in the campus in need bus everyday

Are you in one of the newer private places. Check as some provide bus passes. The problem with advising with buses is somebody needs to know where you are living and what campus you are studying on. The 2 campuses are 5 miles apart so the advice would be totally different. All the student buses dont run during the summer so there are limited buses. The term time passes are only for for term time so cannot be used so you would either have to use full years passes which most wont use as they return for christmas holidays or shorter period daily, weekly or monthly periods.

As an example the number 4 runs every 15 minutes between the train station, bus station and Singleton Campus. Normally the 8 and 10 run between Singleton, te train station and the Bay Campus but they are infrequent out of term.
Our UniBws network is designed around the needs of Swansea's students, with connections between Singleton Campus, the City Centre and Bay Campus.
We're bringing cheap and easy travel to students in Swansea thanks to our UniBws services. Our great range of money-saving fares will cut the cost of getting to lectures, going out with friends and shopping on the weekend. Enjoy cheap, reliable and quick 15 minute journeys into the City Centre from either campus and buses up to every 7 minutes or less.

Our UniBws network is made up of 4 routes that offer comprehensive links across the City and between campuses. You can also enjoy your journey knowing that you're doing your bit for the environment thanks to our fleet of modern, stylish and comfortable Euro 6 rated buses.

Your UniBws Network
Please note that only service 90 will operate from June 11th 2023 to the beginning of the new academic year in September.
Service 90
Linking Bay Campus to Swansea Bus Station, Swansea Train Station and Student Roost.

Service 91 (will not operate until start of 2023/2024 academic year)
Linking Singleton Campus to Sketty & Uplands, Swansea Bus Station and Bay Campus.

Service 92 (will not operate until start of 2023/2024 academic year)
Linking Singleton Campus to Coppergate, Parc Tawe and Bay Campus. This is your quickest Campus to Campus link!

Service 93 (will not operate until start of 2023/2024 academic year)
Linking True Student Accommodation Fabian Way P&R and Bay Campus.

Quick Reply

Latest