The Student Room Group

Long travel

Is a travel of 2 and a half hours to and from school long?
I'm getting really tired coming from home and I barely have time to do anything else
Reply 1
I would say yes. I commute into London for uni and my travel is only 90 mins. Including from my house to the train station and the walk from Euston to uni. I attend part time but would relocate closer to my uni if I were full time for practicality. I find I get a lot of work done on my commute which means I can relax more at home etc. Instead of my class being 3 hours I add the 2 hours on the train for the day to. So I manage 5 hours of studying. Can usually do all my lesson prep and homework on the way back then get in some additional reading etc on the way in.
Reply 2
Original post by Kitten689
I would say yes. I commute into London for uni and my travel is only 90 mins. Including from my house to the train station and the walk from Euston to uni. I attend part time but would relocate closer to my uni if I were full time for practicality. I find I get a lot of work done on my commute which means I can relax more at home etc. Instead of my class being 3 hours I add the 2 hours on the train for the day to. So I manage 5 hours of studying. Can usually do all my lesson prep and homework on the way back then get in some additional reading etc on the way in.

Isn't it like a bit embarassing? How can you focus like in busy public transport getting all your work out. Are you able to do it fast/revise?
Don't you have to change stations etc. I do that quite a lot and I still find I can't do much of my work on the train.
You have any tips for it?
I find barely no time to chill when I do this
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Isn't it like a bit embarassing? How can you focus like in busy public transport getting all your work out. Are you able to do it fast/revise?
Don't you have to change stations etc. I do that quite a lot and I still find I can't do much of my work on the train.
You have any tips for it?
I find barely no time to chill when I do this

I attend uni in the evening so transport is usually at an okay time. Its busy going in at 5. I don't find it embarrassing what does anyone know or care what I'm doing if I'm sat on my ipad? Most people have studied in their life. I don't change station at all I literally jump on the train and then arrive at a station an 8 min walk from my uni.

I put my headphones in to focus and just work through the prep. On the way there or I might sometimes just sit and scroll on my phone. I always do work on the way home when the train isn't so busy I usually find myself a table so I can write. I've made presentations, written essays, done homework, drawn pictures, read books all on the train. Most people couldn't care less what you're doing so long as you're not bothering them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending