The Student Room Group

sixth form

guys im so bloody scared for sixth form we have to wear uniform and im forced to wear trousers ewwwwwwwww i look like a freak and i hardly know anyone im so scared two days left
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by sophiamumtaz
guys im so bloody scared for sixth form we have to wear uniform and im forced to wear trousers ewwwwwwwww i look like a freak and i hardly know anyone im so scared two days left

Brooo sameee, the last time I wore trousers were in year 6….btw I didn’t even buy my uniform yet….and skl starts in two days AND I NEED TO ORDER IT ONLINE
Reply 2

hey i’m going into year 13 and i go to a mixed sixth form where we wear uniform and i also wear trousers. trust me, it’s NOT a big deal, majority of these people you’ll never see again, that’s what i always think. also, i’m not sure about your school but i’m allowed to wear black or grey suits so i feel better wearing a different colour trouser as well, whether it’s a flair trouser or like a tight cut one too. also i just find trousers way more comfortable in general, besides the fact i wear them for religious reasons :smile:

it’s really nothing to stress about, i knew no one too as i moved schools to join a new sixth form and trust me, you will meet people and if they talk about you in trousers and not a skirt, then just think to yourself ‘are they really THAT bored? can’t they try and get high grades instead of talking bad about people?’ it makes me feel more motivated to succeed and honestly beat these people lol. i personally have never had this situation though, and even if i did, i’d always aim to think in the most optimistic way you can. and don’t worry you will meet people through your subject lessons, your tutor group etc, or even people in the sixth form centre. it’s about you having the confidence to talk to the people you want to.

i hope you really do enjoy sixth form bc it’s a different experience to all the years below and it honestly does give you more of a chance to show off your personality
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by CAL999
Brooo sameee, the last time I wore trousers were in year 6….btw I didn’t even buy my uniform yet….and skl starts in two days AND I NEED TO ORDER IT ONLINE

did u order yet 😭
Reply 4
Original post by marz11
hey i’m going into year 13 and i go to a mixed sixth form where we wear uniform and i also wear trousers. trust me, it’s NOT a big deal, majority of these people you’ll never see again, that’s what i always think. also, i’m not sure about your school but i’m allowed to wear black or grey suits so i feel better wearing a different colour trouser as well, whether it’s a flair trouser or like a tight cut one too. also i just find trousers way more comfortable in general, besides the fact i wear them for religious reasons :smile:

it’s really nothing to stress about, i knew no one too as i moved schools to join a new sixth form and trust me, you will meet people and if they talk about you in trousers and not a skirt, then just think to yourself ‘are they really THAT bored? can’t they try and get high grades instead of talking bad about people?’ it makes me feel more motivated to succeed and honestly beat these people lol. i personally have never had this situation though, and even if i did, i’d always aim to think in the most optimistic way you can. and don’t worry you will meet people through your subject lessons, your tutor group etc, or even people in the sixth form centre. it’s about you having the confidence to talk to the people you want to.

i hope you really do enjoy sixth form bc it’s a different experience to all the years below and it honestly does give you more of a chance to show off your personality

aw thank u its just that i wore a skirt all thru secondary so i feel like its weird. im gna buy my own skirt on the weekend anyway but yhh they dont let ju wear flares either. i know im just still scared for tmrw !!!
Reply 5
aw thank u its just that i wore a skirt all thru secondary so i feel like its weird. im gna buy my own skirt on the weekend anyway but yhh they dont let ju wear flares either. i know im just still scared for tmrw !!!

i totally get u! i wore a skirt from year 7-11 and the trousers was a bit weird for me in the beginning of year 12 since it was a mixed sixth form but then i got used to it and realised no acc really cares, and the ppl who do care (the ones who make fun of it) honestly are just wasting their own time
Reply 6
did u order yet 😭

I am wearing my sisters uniform.....and she is like a skinnnyyy queen...and i am not, so u can imagine the rest....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending