The Student Room Group

how do i mention that i would like to work in politics on my CV?

i am writing my CV and in the personal section i would like to mention my long term career goals. my dream is to one day work in government but i'm not sure how to mention this without it sounding silly. i have written... "I am eventually looking for a long term career..." how better can i word this?
Original post by wkathryn17
i am writing my CV and in the personal section i would like to mention my long term career goals. my dream is to one day work in government but i'm not sure how to mention this without it sounding silly. i have written... "I am eventually looking for a long term career..." how better can i word this?

That's not something you should be putting in a CV. You should begin directly with your Education, then your Experience, and then your Interests (in so far as they demonstrate relevant skills).

If the employer wants to know that you are looking to develop a career in politics, for example you are applying for an internship with an MP, then that is for the covering letter, saying why you want to do this sort of work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending