The Student Room Group

Being fired from work for misconduct

Hi i’m just wondering I’m very anxious at the moment and would like to clear my worries abit more

So if I was to be let go from my work for gross misconduct and just didn’t put it on my cv and left no reference of this on my cv at all would it still taint my chances of being employed when it comes to background checks or with me not mentioning it does this not go against me at all as I haven’t mentioned nor referenced me working there
Original post by Driver23
Hi i’m just wondering I’m very anxious at the moment and would like to clear my worries abit more

So if I was to be let go from my work for gross misconduct and just didn’t put it on my cv and left no reference of this on my cv at all would it still taint my chances of being employed when it comes to background checks or with me not mentioning it does this not go against me at all as I haven’t mentioned nor referenced me working there

When they ask what you were doing during that period of time (a few months?) are you just planning to lie?

When you present your P45 (which they'll need from your previous employer for tax purposes), how are you planning on explaining the fact that the company is one you've not mentioned on your CV?
Reply 2
How long were you there for. I would create a minor gap that you need to lie about of more than a few months. It’s probably better to smooth overthe reason for leaving
Check with the HR department whether a reference would state the reason for your exit. Many don’t, and will just give your employment dates and job title.

If that’s the case, just leave it on you CV and if needs be explain constructively the reasons why you maybe weren’t happy there and looked for other opportunities.

I don’t think any application process has asked me whether I’ve been dismissed. They’ve all been skills and experience based.
if an application process asks if you have been dismissed you better mention it as then you;d have lied on the application which guess what, is another sure fire Gross Misconduct

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending