The Student Room Group

Question on college migration/change

Hello, For various reasons I have requested to migrate to another college and they have agreed to let me contact any college and request a migration. I am a PhD student btw.

I realise this is an uncommon thing, and that some colleges might be reluctant to accept migrating students in general. So I am wondering if anyone has any tips or input on what to say or how to best ask the receiving college(s) to maximise my chances of them accepting the migration.

Thank you!
Really hard to say anything meaningful when your post is devoid of context, but I imagine any college receiving your migration request would want firm (re)assurance that whatever is causing you to migrate would not be replicated in their college, i.e. that you wouldn't want to migrate from the new college to elsewhere. So you'd want to make (a) a robust cause for migration, and (b) explain how this is a unique, one-off circumstance that wouldn't need to happen again!
Reply 2
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Really hard to say anything meaningful when your post is devoid of context, but I imagine any college receiving your migration request would want firm (re)assurance that whatever is causing you to migrate would not be replicated in their college, i.e. that you wouldn't want to migrate from the new college to elsewhere. So you'd want to make (a) a robust cause for migration, and (b) explain how this is a unique, one-off circumstance that wouldn't need to happen again!

Thank you. I’ve kept the post intentionally vague. The reason for the migration is college-specific and won’t be replicated so that is good advice and I will make sure to emphasise that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending