The Student Room Group

Have I met the uni requirement from a level/gcse grades can I get in?

I want to become a pharmacist and study mpharm at UOM can I get in from my gcse/a level grades which I am gonna show!
GCSEs:
COMPUTER SCIENCE - 6 (B)
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
ENGLISH LITERATURE - 6 (B)
MATHS - 6 (B)
My a level grades (dropped economics yr13):
Chemistry - A
Business - A
Biology - B
These are my grades for GCSEs/A levels can I study mpharm at the UOM with these and have I met the target???
Reply 1
A level grades;

We require grades ABB-AAB. This must include Chemistry, either Mathematics or Biology, and one further rigorous academic subject (we do not accept General Studies or Critical Thinking). You are required to obtain a pass in the practical element of any science A-level taken.
Selection for interview is based on predicted grades of BBB.
Please note the specific offer conditions will be based on the assessment of the interviewer.

GCSE grades;
We require at least five GCSEs or IGCSEs at minimum grade 5 (B) (including English Language and Mathematics). We will accept C+ in the Northern Ireland reformed GSCE.

However as clearly stated they require an interview so just having the grades will not be enough for this course, they may also look at your personal statement and reference etc so although your grades meet the minimum and that’s a good start it does not guarantee you a place on the course!
Reply 2
Don’t worry if I have met the grades but I’m fine and calm and no worries I got the personal statement,extra curricular, the work experience working at local hospitals and local charity shops fundraising and volunteering in hospitals got all of that and also working at a local mosque and fundraising so got that and yeah!

Original post by ALEreapp
A level grades;

We require grades ABB-AAB. This must include Chemistry, either Mathematics or Biology, and one further rigorous academic subject (we do not accept General Studies or Critical Thinking). You are required to obtain a pass in the practical element of any science A-level taken.
Selection for interview is based on predicted grades of BBB.
Please note the specific offer conditions will be based on the assessment of the interviewer.

GCSE grades;
We require at least five GCSEs or IGCSEs at minimum grade 5 (B) (including English Language and Mathematics). We will accept C+ in the Northern Ireland reformed GSCE.

However as clearly stated they require an interview so just having the grades will not be enough for this course, they may also look at your personal statement and reference etc so although your grades meet the minimum and that’s a good start it does not guarantee you a place on the course!

Quick Reply

Latest