The Student Room Group

University Entry Requirements

If I meet the entry requirements of A*AA in alevels but don't meet fully meet them for my GCSE will that be an issue?
For example, I could get an A* in the essay based alevel subject sociology but i got a grade 4 in English Language where most Russel group unis want 5 or 6. Also i meet all other requirments like getting a 6 in Maths and A*AA in Alevels . Will it be less likley of me getting accepted?
I'm afraid to say that I think if you haven't met the GCSE requirements at the point of application, you are unlikely to even get an offer.

It might be different if you did your A levels and then replied the following year with actual A level grades rather than predictions. Although you might have to ring to check?
Reply 2
Original post by Nooppea
If I meet the entry requirements of A*AA in alevels but don't meet fully meet them for my GCSE will that be an issue?
For example, I could get an A* in the essay based alevel subject sociology but i got a grade 4 in English Language where most Russel group unis want 5 or 6. Also i meet all other requirments like getting a 6 in Maths and A*AA in Alevels . Will it be less likley of me getting accepted?

For many universities it will be an automatic factor for rejecting your application. Have you considered retaking your English language GCSE at the same time as your A levels?
Reply 3
Original post by Nooppea

Yes - its the quickest way to get an immediate rejection.

Talk to your school about retaking GCSE English exam in November or June.
You then just list this as another 'pending' qualification, and any offer would include this as an extra condition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending