The Student Room Group

UpLearn

Hey, I'm thinking of buying UpLearn for AQA Maths. For those who have used it. Was it any good? Since, I don't want to spend the money if it isn't worthwhile.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HasTBMM
Hey, I'm thinking of buying UpLearn for AQA Maths. For those who have used it. Was it any good? Since, I don't want to spend the money if it isn't worthwhile.

Not advertising for them but targeted ads hit me. They say they will refund you if you don't get an A/A* so it will either be worth it or you get your money back. Read the terms and conditions so there's no loopholes though.
thinking about getting this for aqa psychology tbh too. let me know how it goes if u do go along with it! good luck :smile:
Reply 3
I used UpLearn for A level econ and I really liked it, helped me massively. Not sure what it'll be like for Maths but I felt as though they put a lot of effort into making sure the content sticks with you
Reply 4
Original post by JA03
Not advertising for them but targeted ads hit me. They say they will refund you if you don't get an A/A* so it will either be worth it or you get your money back. Read the terms and conditions so there's no loopholes though.

Having a look now. They don't really have an official T&C but it says that you have to complete the whole course and if you do and don't get an A-A* that you have to claim the money back within 14 days after the results day. Is there anything that seems loophole ish about that?
Original post by HasTBMM
Having a look now. They don't really have an official T&C but it says that you have to complete the whole course and if you do and don't get an A-A* that you have to claim the money back within 14 days after the results day. Is there anything that seems loophole ish about that?

No loophole for them. You get your money back if you don’t get the grade.
Reply 6
Original post by JA03
No loophole for them. You get your money back if you don’t get the grade.

Ok! thanks so much!
Reply 7
Original post by HasTBMM

I’m using it for maths A-Level and finding it extremely useful. I’m comparison to the Cambridge book, I find that it fills in gaps of information that the book leaves out. Example: the quadratic formula and the components of what makes it.

i have a referral code if you go ahead with it

https://uplearn.co.uk/invite/ENP60Z

£20 off
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 8
Hey, sound! I will think about it since I don't want to buy it yet until I defo know I gotten into the A Level maths course. But the earliest I can get it is next week when I can actually afford it
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by HasTBMM
Hey, sound! I will think about it since I don't want to buy it yet until I defo know I gotten into the A Level maths course. But the earliest I can get it is next week when I can actually afford it

Are you applying to study A-Level at college as well or? I mean I just bought this course and study at home in my spare time lol. It states I’m at a grade B right now based on what I’ve done but I’m taking my exam next year, so hopefully I should be getting A* providing I can recall all the damn formulas!!!! Hahah
Reply 10
Original post by KingRich
Are you applying to study A-Level at college as well or? I mean I just bought this course and study at home in my spare time lol. It states I’m at a grade B right now based on what I’ve done but I’m taking my exam next year, so hopefully I should be getting A* providing I can recall all the damn formulas!!!! Hahah

Haha yeah I'm taking it in sixth-form and saw ot but it is a lot of money but if it helps me get an A* I will happily buy it
Reply 11
Hey i did up learn maths psych econ, ive also tested snaprevise and tailored tutors for maths. Tbh uplearn wasn’t good for maths i recommend tailored tutors if it’s just maths you’re looking for- ( uplearn was amazing for psych and econ)
Reply 12
Original post by anoraeb
Hey i did up learn maths psych econ, ive also tested snaprevise and tailored tutors for maths. Tbh uplearn wasn’t good for maths i recommend tailored tutors if it’s just maths you’re looking for- ( uplearn was amazing for psych and econ)

I have had a look at tailored tutors but the price seems really high and k wouldn't have the money to support it for 2 years sadly
Reply 13
Original post by HasTBMM
I have had a look at tailored tutors but the price seems really high and k wouldn't have the money to support it for 2 years sadly

Understandable I suggest getting it for y13 or jan of y13 just before exams i found it was super helpful
Reply 14
Original post by HasTBMM
Haha yeah I'm taking it in sixth-form and saw ot but it is a lot of money but if it helps me get an A* I will happily buy it

Oh, I see. If you’re studying in a class, would paying for an extra external course be cost worthy? I mean, is sixth form education that bad?

Don’t get me wrong if I had the money I would certainly get a private tutor, although I tried a few free lessons and it didn’t help me. It’s like they were looking for a quick pay without really doing anything. Like when a teacher talks at you and just expects you to know what they’re talking about as opposed to explaining and helping you understand what they’re talking about lol.

I suppose that’s why I prefer Uplearn and not only that, you have access to tutors 24/7 too.

I did study from the Cambridge A-Level books prior to doing the course but it skipped a lot of information. I’m the kind of person who likes to know where information is derived from as opposed to, here’s the formula now remember it.
Reply 15
Hmm yeah but the thing is that I really need these A* and if uplearn can get me them iylt will be worth the investment
Reply 16
Original post by HasTBMM
Hmm yeah but the thing is that I really need these A* and if uplearn can get me them iylt will be worth the investment

If you’re determined and you say you’re going to get an A*, there’s nothing stopping you. :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by HasTBMM

Also, it might be worth checking out the study smarter app. I’ve started created my own flash cards for formulas and you can set notifications to remind you to do some recalling.

you can collaborate with friends too

https://app.studysmarter.de/register?ref=ebaOkEuDK6UcuBmwIX7fWI6eZ3zBBHan
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 18
Ahh I used that for GCSE I didn't really like it though since I could just use anti or remnote
Reply 19
Hold off for now, you may not need it. I trialled it over Easter Y12 for maths as I was struggling a bit with mechanics. It helped a lot and I thought I might pay for membership from the start of Y13 or possibly Christmas (the price goes down in intervals as the year progresses). My mum talked to them and they gave us a £50 discount so we paid the Y13 price but got the rest of Y12 for free. I don’t know if they always give discounts if you book a call, but it is worth a try if you are willing to walk away as we were.

I doubt I will complete enough of the course to trigger the guarantee, for me it is more something to dip in and out when I have problems plus exam practice questions and papers. Like a very expensive text book - but it works for me. We had hegarty maths for GCSE, but I think Uplearn is better.

If you want to do something the summer before you start, just make sure your algebra is as good as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest