The Student Room Group

science major creative job

i want to major in a STEM subject but want to work in fashion industry or somewhere along that line. something creative that brings me joy. but i want to major in science. so which science major should i choose if i want a creative job that also pays my bills.
If you want a creative job then why do you want to study a STEM degree?
Why not study something that brings you joy to help you find a job that also brings you joy. Sidetracking into something else for 3+ years isn't going to help your career, it will slow it down.
Reply 2
Original post by brightestgeek
i want to major in a STEM subject but want to work in fashion industry or somewhere along that line. something creative that brings me joy. but i want to major in science. so which science major should i choose if i want a creative job that also pays my bills.

You are thinking about this all wrong. If you want to study science, study science and enjoy studying science. However, if you want to go into a career in fashion, know that you will need to obtain the skills for this. So either, it will involve doing and additional course in fashion after you have studied science or it will involve you getting your hands dirty and start making / designing clothes so that you can build up a portfolio to show off to prospective employers.

It isn't rocket science. I have designed my own patterns for clothes and have a niche fashion business. I suggest you start here:
For women - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Metric-Pattern-Cutting-Womens-Wear/dp/1444335057/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=winifred+aldrich+metric+pattern+cutting+book&qid=1688770510&sprefix=pattern+cutting+wi%2Caps%2C91&sr=8-1
For men - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pattern-Cutting-Menswear-Winifred-Aldrich/dp/1405182938/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2GUV0BHCKO1F5&keywords=winifred+aldrich+metric+pattern+cutting+book+men&qid=1688770526&sprefix=winifred+aldrich+metric+pattern+cutting+book+men%2Caps%2C76&sr=8-1

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending