The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL pls read

Do you think UAL is going to take back my offer? I recently got a conditional offer for the UAL foundation course in september. I’m 17 and only finished IGCSEs in 2022 may and was forced to take a gap year because of my countries situation. I did 8 subjects and got grades A*,A,B and nothing less.I was hoping to continue my studies at UAL so I was waiting for them to change my conditional offer to unconditional after their conditions were to submit my high school diploma, ielts, and guardianship letter. However I got an update on the portal that they wouldn’t accept my IGCSE certificates and now I’m worried why. My agent told me before that I could apply with just IGCSEs and I’ve already paid the deposit for my accomodation and course. Are they asking for me to have done A levels? Or could it be because the photo I uploaded of my certificate on the portal was not scanned and I had not taken a photo the back of it. I’m worried because I’ve only done IGCSEs and finished year 11 and theyre asking me for a high school diploma. I’m very stressed and confused because its already mid july and if this doesn’t work out I might risk missing another year or having to stay in my country which I really dont want. Also, how come UAL accepted me w a conditional offer without seeing my qualifications? Is it possible to do the foundation with just IGCSES?
Sounds like your agent filled in your application form incorrectly and implied that you had a high school diploma instead of iGCSEs.

The foundation diploma is a bridging course designed to be taken after level 3 study. Igcses are level 2.
(edited 9 months ago)
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Is there no chance?

Original post by PQ
Sounds like your agent filled in your application form incorrectly and implied that you had a high school diploma instead of iGCSEs.

The foundation diploma is a bridging course designed to be taken after level 3 study. Igcses are level 2.
Original post by Anonymous
Is there no chance?

Have you been doing any study during your gap year?
Did you also get a High School Diploma as well as your iGCSEs?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Have you been doing any study during your gap year?
Did you also get a High School Diploma as well as your iGCSEs?

i did a job as an assistant art teacher
Reply 5
Hello, I hope this isn't too late. Yes, I think your agent incorrectly filled in your details and that's why you have gotten a foundation diploma offer without doing A-levels. The academic criteria for anyone to do a foundation is having completed one A-level without asking for any minimum grades, if you are an international student, you may be eligible to submit your current results from your school (since I am from Hong Kong, the education system here is vastly different so we are allowed to not do A-levels given that our current qualifications are good enough).

From the looks of it, I assume that you are an international student - Possibly fluent in another language other than English? If so, you can take a language A-level this year and reapply rather than having to wait after year 13 if you are certain that art/ design is what you want to pursue.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending