The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

MSc Psychology Conversion (Online) 2023

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is studying the MSc Psychology Conversion online or will begin studying the course in October at UOL?

Or any other online course other than UOL?

I received an offer today! ☺️
Original post by nishadea
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is studying the MSc Psychology Conversion online or will begin studying the course in October at UOL?

Hi there,

Great to hear you are have got an offer for this course, well done! Let me know if you have any questions about the University :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by nishadea
Hi everyone,

Hello!

Congratulations on your offer :smile: I study the conversion course at Surrey (hybrid).

Let me know if you have any general questions about the course or need tips!

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology
Congratulations on your offers!

I've just finished my MSc Psychology conversion course at Arden University, I did the 100% online version and had a brilliant time. May I recommend a book by Coolican called Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology it will be invaluable

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Reply 4
Original post by Arden University
Congratulations on your offers!

I've just finished my MSc Psychology conversion course at Arden University, I did the 100% online version and had a brilliant time. May I recommend a book by Coolican called Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology it will be invaluable

Marc

Hi Marc,

I've just received an offer for the MSc Psychology conversion course at The University of Law. This course is newly introduced at the University of Law, starting from September 2022. I'm contemplating whether I should consider applying to another university. I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with some advice based on your insights from studying the course at Arden University. My ultimate goal is to pursue a PhD after completing the MSc course. Could you suggest a suitable path for me? Thank you in advance.
Original post by John Tran
Hi Marc,

I've just received an offer for the MSc Psychology conversion course at The University of Law. This course is newly introduced at the University of Law, starting from September 2022. I'm contemplating whether I should consider applying to another university. I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with some advice based on your insights from studying the course at Arden University. My ultimate goal is to pursue a PhD after completing the MSc course. Could you suggest a suitable path for me? Thank you in advance.

@John Tran
To be totally honest I haven't done my PhD yet, I'm hoping to maybe do it from 2025 onwards, I'm nestled into a career in teaching at the moment for now and that takes up a lot of my time. Whichever University you go too they will give you advice and guidance on progression even if they have a PhD program or not. This is because a key performance indicator for Universities and University Centre's is their progression data, so even if you go on to study elsewhere its still a positive for that Uni.

Doctorate level advice would depend on what type of Psychology you wanted to go and study further; clinical would be very different than educational for instance

Marc
Reply 6
Original post by Arden University
@John Tran
To be totally honest I haven't done my PhD yet, I'm hoping to maybe do it from 2025 onwards, I'm nestled into a career in teaching at the moment for now and that takes up a lot of my time. Whichever University you go too they will give you advice and guidance on progression even if they have a PhD program or not. This is because a key performance indicator for Universities and University Centre's is their progression data, so even if you go on to study elsewhere its still a positive for that Uni.

Doctorate level advice would depend on what type of Psychology you wanted to go and study further; clinical would be very different than educational for instance

Marc

Hi Marc! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Your answer was very helpful.
Reply 7
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Great to hear you are have got an offer for this course, well done! Let me know if you have any questions about the University :smile:

Thank you Malachy! :smile: what's Liverpool and the uni like, I get such good vibes all around! Can't wait to visit! anything that I should know you think?
Hi there!

Liverpool is a great city, it is very vibrant city, with amazing culture and nightlife, with many theatres, museums and music venues for all tastes! Also being by the coast is lovely. You can get out to lots of beaches via train in about 15 minutes, and there are great walks along the waterfront in Liverpool too. So overall there is great outdoor activities and indoor cultural activities!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending