The Student Room Group

(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by twood5555
Hi there

Im currently studying BS Economics at Uni of Nottingham and considering a Masters. Not sure whether I want to stay here or not.

I recently discovered that unis such as Sheffield, Bath, and Bristol offer LGBT+ flats. I wanted to ask if anyone had any experience living in them generally? Knew if they were open to MA students and how that fitted deadline wise? Is halls a good idea for an MA student ?

Many thanks

Hey,
I am a student at the Uni of Sheffield, I haven't had experience living in LGBT+ flats but I have heard from my friends that they were great in first year. Usually Sheffield halls run from September to June so the contract would end before you finish the Masters, however there are definitely some 11 and 12 month contracts available - it would be worth asking the accommodation teams at the universities if they have LBGT+ Halls that you can stay in over summer.
Alternatively, you could look at going into a houseshare. If you contact any of the LBGT+ groups from the different universities, they may be able to help you find someone who is looking for someone else to move into their houseshare.
Evie (MSc in Anatomy and Education at UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending