The Student Room Group

Conditional offer not met

Hi so I unexpectedly got a 2.2 for my degree and the conditional offer stated a 2.1 however the admissions criteria also stated that work experience and/or 2.1 degree on the website. What are the chances of being able to do the masters?
It's been a rough couple of years covid, strikes and finally a marking and assessment boycott have affected us all
i would imagine if you would get in through work experience alone, and you've told the university about any relevant work experience you have, they probably would have already made your offer unconditional. so unfortunately it seems they still officially wanted you to meet that academic offer.

send your results to the university anyway and see what they say. they could let you in anyway esp if it's a high 2:2/they really want you. will never know until you try.
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by islandgirl683
Hi so I unexpectedly got a 2.2 for my degree and the conditional offer stated a 2.1 however the admissions criteria also stated that work experience and/or 2.1 degree on the website. What are the chances of being able to do the masters?
It's been a rough couple of years covid, strikes and finally a marking and assessment boycott have affected us all

Hi,
If you are unsure and have a way of contacting the universities admissions team or course leader, this would be the best bet.
Sometimes it isn't just as simple as your grades alone and a lot of universities will take a look at other factors.
It may also be a good idea to have a look at other universities that may be happy with this grade as a backup option.
Best of luck,
Meg 🙂
MA Popular Music Student.
If they state that they'll consider work exp and you have it, yes, there's a chance they'll still consider you.

Maybe just drop them an email with your CV and transcript, unis will often take a look and encourage/discourage you accordingly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending