The Student Room Group

What is the simplest IT Job I could do to start my career in IT.

Hello with a-levels studied in Information and Communication Technology and a degree in Computer Networks and Technology. What’s the simplest of IT jobs I could look to apply for to do to start my career in ICT, develop and gain practical skills to write on my CV and to just get out of retail. As a recent graduate and 23 turning 24 year old at the end of the year.
Reply 1
Original post by Mohammed_2000
Hello with a-levels studied in Information and Communication Technology and a degree in Computer Networks and Technology. What’s the simplest of IT jobs I could look to apply for to do to start my career in ICT, develop and gain practical skills to write on my CV and to just get out of retail. As a recent graduate and 23 turning 24 year old at the end of the year.
A good place to start is IT help desk where you will pickup various IT query and you are not expected to Fix, But you will come to know various stakeholders and technologies.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by nvisa
A good place to start is IT help desk where you will pickup various IT query and you are not expected to Fix, But you will come to know various stakeholders and technologies.

What companies do Helpdesk roles
Reply 3
Original post by Mohammed_2000
What companies do Helpdesk roles

Lots... Search on Indeed, Reed, other job boards for 'helpdesk' or '1st line support'. Or look on the Civil Service Jobs site, they usually have quite a few entry level IT roles within various government departments
Original post by Pedr0
Lots... Search on Indeed, Reed, other job boards for 'helpdesk' or '1st line support'. Or look on the Civil Service Jobs site, they usually have quite a few entry level IT roles within various government departments

Awesome legend thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending