The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Why I chose DMU: Finding a Home Away from Home

Many people ask, when picking a University, how do I know it's the right choice? :hmmmm:

So, why did I choose DMU?

When I say I had a feeling. I had a feeling.

The minute I walked onto campus on an Open Day I knew THIS was the University for me. I previously viewed four (:eek:) other Universities but nothing gave me the same feeling that DMU does. The campus was full of colour, the lecturers were warm and welcoming, and the students had a community spirit!:party:

This initial gut feeling proved right - :jive:- when I started DMU and took on my placements for my studies. I felt at home during my placement! It gave me a sense of belonging, feeling, that I could join this university, find my people, and be well supported.

Leicester itself, I have found, is a great location with a mixture of city life and countryside. Campus is located within the heart of the city but a quick bus ride and you are out into beautiful fields and trees - which is perfect for long strolls and walking:flower2:

Leicester has a lot of nightlife for students also and not just clubbing. I am much more into theatre and music which I can find located close by in the city with The Curve theatre, O2 Academy Leicester, and De Montfort Hall (our namesake!)

The nursing facilities are amazing with one of the busiest emergency departments nearby to DMU: The Leicester Royal Infirmary. As well as this amazing placement opportunity, Leicester offers the Hospital Hopper service, so you can switch very quickly between the main hospitals whilst on placement.

Finally (you made it to the end!:biggrin:) I'll leave you with this: DMU has something for everyone. From a wide range of societies, to part-time opportunities with our UniTemps agency, to our Centre for Enterprise and Innovation! All of which allow you to really make the most out of your University experience.

All of these are just some of the reasons why I decided to join DMU. Ultimately I would have to say that going with that gut feeling, what's right for you, is the best indicator!

Please feel free to ask me any questions about DMU and/or comment below!:tongue:

Best wishes,
Emily:smile:
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending