The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

will my GCSE's affect my chances of getting into imperial?

I'm soon going to apply for university and I would like to apply for imperial, specifically for computer science, my predicted grades are looking good A*A*A, and I'm feeling fairly confident for whatever admission test they will have me do. However the only part I'm feeling nervous about is if they review my GCSE grades. I have 2 9s, 2 8s, 2 7s, 4 6s and I'm not sure if these are good enough and would affect my chances of getting in. Am I overthinking this?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm soon going to apply for university and I would like to apply for imperial, specifically for computer science, my predicted grades are looking good A*A*A, and I'm feeling fairly confident for whatever admission test they will have me do. However the only part I'm feeling nervous about is if they review my GCSE grades. I have 2 9s, 2 8s, 2 7s, 4 6s and I'm not sure if these are good enough and would affect my chances of getting in. Am I overthinking this?

I’m at imperial and I don’t think you need to worry about that. I’m not sure how much they look at GCSEs, but Alevels are much more important, although computer science is extremely competitive at Imperial so they may influence admissions. A strong personal statement and admissions test attempt should be sufficient to get in.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending