The Student Room Group

us uni

Hi guys I'm applying to Cornell and duke university from the uk (plus other unis). My gcses 877666654 a level predicted grades A*A*A in maths physics and biology I got an A* in my epq i got a 1600 in my SAT. Some of my extracurriculars include fully funded summer school at imperial college for science, navy cadets, deputy house captain, president of eco committee, head of charity in my boarding house, maths scholar in school, engineering + hospital work experience, dofe bronze and silver, 1000+ hours of volunteering at care home hospital and children church, writer and part for the editorial team for school's science magazine . I'm apply for early decision for duke I'm worried that my gcses are extremely low so what are the odds that i'll get in? Also I went to state school all the way up to year 11 i go private school for sixth form will I be less likely to receive any financial aid and scholarship?
Reply 1
I think the extra curriculars will definitely help
Reply 2
I don’t think the fact you went to a private school will affect scholarships as they ask for parents wages and nothing about school, anyway isn’t scholarship separate to application
Reply 3
your family finances will determine your scholarship chances.

As for your profile, your ECs are attractive, and GCSEs can be excused given your improvement in the later years. It's impossible to say without looking at your essays but you definitely have the building blocks for a successful application. It's just about crafting your story at this point!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi guys I'm applying to Cornell and duke university from the uk (plus other unis). My gcses 877666654 a level predicted grades A*A*A in maths physics and biology I got an A* in my epq i got a 1600 in my SAT. Some of my extracurriculars include fully funded summer school at imperial college for science, navy cadets, deputy house captain, president of eco committee, head of charity in my boarding house, maths scholar in school, engineering + hospital work experience, dofe bronze and silver, 1000+ hours of volunteering at care home hospital and children church, writer and part for the editorial team for school's science magazine . I'm apply for early decision for duke I'm worried that my gcses are extremely low so what are the odds that i'll get in? Also I went to state school all the way up to year 11 i go private school for sixth form will I be less likely to receive any financial aid and scholarship?

Hi
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hey, need help with your:
✔essay
✔research paper
✔Term paper
Dm me the prompt/Instructions, I’ll write it for you. #APA #MLA
I will take or complete your Online Class hw
Math
Statistics
Calc
Algebra
Trig
Sociology