The Student Room Group

Should I include my experience working as an extra on my Personal Statement?

Hi everyone, I'm currently on summer holidays (about to start Year 13 in September) and I'm in the process of finishing my personal statement for Uni applications. I'm wanting to apply to conservatoire drama schools so I wanted to ask for some advice...

I've recently been working as an SA (Supporting Artist) on Hollyoaks, and I was wondering if this is something I should add to my personal statement or not? Considering I'm applying for these prestigious drama schools and I want to be able to stand out.

Also, is there any advice someone has for applying to professional drama schools? I'm looking for some advice on what can make me stand out more and if my experiences (like the one mentioned above) is good enough to put in there.

Thanks everyone!! :smile:
Reply 1
I am applying for stem so obviously very different, but the key thing about anything you put on your personal statement, is you shoudlnt just state it, if you can provide reasoning on why it makes you a better applicant (strengthened this skill, or taught you that lesson), then yes include it, if you cant, maybe mention it in a passing statement at the end where your just saying, look how comitted I am to drama or whatever I did this work experience
Original post by ruby_c3
Hi everyone, I'm currently on summer holidays (about to start Year 13 in September) and I'm in the process of finishing my personal statement for Uni applications. I'm wanting to apply to conservatoire drama schools so I wanted to ask for some advice...

I've recently been working as an SA (Supporting Artist) on Hollyoaks, and I was wondering if this is something I should add to my personal statement or not? Considering I'm applying for these prestigious drama schools and I want to be able to stand out.

Also, is there any advice someone has for applying to professional drama schools? I'm looking for some advice on what can make me stand out more and if my experiences (like the one mentioned above) is good enough to put in there.

Thanks everyone!! :smile:

Definitely.

also, if you can get a reference letter from someone in the Production company for Hollyoaks like your line manager, that would be significant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending