The Student Room Group

Writing my personal statement

I am currently in the process of writing my personal statement and want to apply for Economics. I was wondering whether I should base my statement around a particular topic such as sustainable economics and sustainable econmomic growth.I was thinking about doing super curricular activities in this specific area and talking about my intrest in it. Is this a good idea ot should my statement be more broad about Economics as a whole.
Original post by FlyingAir
I am currently in the process of writing my personal statement and want to apply for Economics. I was wondering whether I should base my statement around a particular topic such as sustainable economics and sustainable econmomic growth.I was thinking about doing super curricular activities in this specific area and talking about my intrest in it. Is this a good idea ot should my statement be more broad about Economics as a whole.

Doing super curricular activities and talking about your interest is a good idea
Original post by FlyingAir

Hey!

If you are applying through UCAS a personal statement needs to be suited to all of the courses and university's you are applying for, so to be able to do this you need to make your personal statement related to everyone. If you are making a direct application to a university for a specific course, then it would be best to talk more in topic about this particular course and subject.

It is always great to talk a bit about yourself as well, so that the university can get to know you on top of your academic interest! We recommend that two-thirds of your personal statement is about your subject. Within this you can include extra reading you’ve done around the subject. The final-third should be about any relevant work or voluntary experience you might have, and any extra-curricular activities, such as sport, music and leadership positions. 😁😎📚

You can always follow our guide here for help 😊

Essex Official Rep - Morgan ✨🌞🎓
If your talking about sustainable economic growth- you should mention the UN sustainable development goals
You should do some extracurriculars to prove how it piqued your interest in economics and if you could link it with sustainable economics or other economical topic such as inflation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending