The Student Room Group

How do I stand out in my law personal statement?

I am currently in the process of preparing my law school application, and I have a two-week deadline for a preliminary review from my school tutor of my final draft. I’ve covered the basics in my personal statement, such as explaining my motivation for studying law and highlighting my relevant skills. However, I’m eager to make my statement truly stand out and showcase a unique perspective.

I was wondering if anyone could offer some guidance or suggestions for last-minute enhancements that could set my personal statement apart (activities, interviews, research, etc). Whether it’s a distinctive angle, a creative storytelling approach, or any specific elements that you believe would capture the attention of admissions committees, I would greatly appreciate your insights. I want this extra thing to be unique but also doable in the amount of time I have left. I have done essay competitions, work experience, read books and have a personal sub story, yet i feel like there should be more to it to make me stand out in the crowd.
Reply 1
To make your personal statement stand out and showcase a unique perspective, consider incorporating the following enhancements. First of all, you can emphasize any specific challenges or obstacles you have overcome that have shaped your desire to study law. This could be something personal or a unique experience that has ignited your passion for justice. Additionally, consider conducting focused research on a particular area of law that interests you and integrate your findings into your statement. This will demonstrate your commitment to understanding the field and your dedication to pursuing it. Furthermore, try to include any noteworthy activities or achievements that align with your interest in law, such as participating in mock trials, organizing legal debates, or volunteering for organizations related to legal advocacy. Lastly, don't forget to highlight any cultural or linguistic proficiency that may provide a valuable perspective in a diverse and global law school environment. You can create a personal statement that showcases your unique qualities and captivates the attention of admissions committees within your given timeframe by combining these elements I have described above. Good luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending