The Student Room Group

Short conclusion for personal statement

My conclusion is only 626 characters and i only mention 2 extra curricular actives i have done with a short end off on why i want to do the course, is my conclusion to short and not detailed enough?
Reply 1
Original post by yupcabra23
My conclusion is only 626 characters and i only mention 2 extra curricular actives i have done with a short end off on why i want to do the course, is my conclusion to short and not detailed enough?

Are you sure you’ve spent enough of the word limit on writing about why you want to do the course/why you’re interested in the subject? Have you included any super curricular activities?
Reply 2
I want to do accounting and finace/management. For my intro i talked about a yale course on financial markets i attended, middle paragraphs were about my work experince at pwc, attending a insight programme hosted by ICAEW and joing a business mangment course and books i read,

Taking about these took most of my word count, so should i get rid of something to increase my conclusion size.
Reply 3
I want to do accounting and finace/management. For my intro i talked about a yale course on financial markets i attended, middle paragraphs were about my work experince at pwc, attending a insight programme hosted by ICAEW and joing a business mangment course and books i read,

Taking about these took most of my word count, so should i get rid of something to increase my conclusion size.

Your conclusion doesn’t need to be massive! I think the things you’ve written about as long as you’ve linked it back to your interest in account and finance/management would work really well!

What are you thinking of writing in the conclusion?
Reply 4
Original post by subbhy
Your conclusion doesn’t need to be massive! I think the things you’ve written about as long as you’ve linked it back to your interest in account and finance/management would work really well!

What are you thinking of writing in the conclusion?

just things i do outside of school, just to show i have a life and the skills i learned from them and just end it of by telling them why i want to pursue a career in this field.

You have included some great experiences in your statement, and these should link to why you want to study your course which takes pressure off of the word count in your conclusion. When you talk about your experiences, draw the skills or knowledge you have gained from those experiences out and then use these to demonstrate why it would benefit/suit your academic study :smile:

Your conclusion should then summarise why you are suited to the course (showing your personal qualities and skills). Depending on how long you are aiming for your statement to be, we normally recommend that each paragraph is equally weighted. I hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending