The Student Room Group

univeristy and apprentiship

hey so i want to fully like 110% do an apprentiship but our school automatically makes us apply for 5 univerities so i will have to apply for univeristy but also it can be a backup choice and i have started a personal statment but its for an apprentiship so would i have to make a separate personal statement for univeristy or willl i have to change my personal statement to fit for university and write a CV instead for apprentiship or will i still need a personal statment for an apprentiship??? really stuck..
Reply 1
Original post by maa17remh
hey so i want to fully like 110% do an apprentiship but our school automatically makes us apply for 5 univerities so i will have to apply for univeristy but also it can be a backup choice and i have started a personal statment but its for an apprentiship so would i have to make a separate personal statement for univeristy or willl i have to change my personal statement to fit for university and write a CV instead for apprentiship or will i still need a personal statment for an apprentiship??? really stuck..

I believe for apprentership you apply directly to the companies you want to work for e.g. via their websites, whereas for Unis you of course apply via UCAS. The application process are therefore completely separate. It might still be worth applying for Unis though as a backup, and also, writing a personal statement will force you to think about your interests and your extra/super curriculars, which you will probably also use for you apprentice applications.
Reply 2
Original post by lalexm
I believe for apprentership you apply directly to the companies you want to work for e.g. via their websites, whereas for Unis you of course apply via UCAS. The application process are therefore completely separate. It might still be worth applying for Unis though as a backup, and also, writing a personal statement will force you to think about your interests and your extra/super curriculars, which you will probably also use for you apprentice applications.

yea our school makes us apply for it anyways and it would be great to have as a backup so would i have to change my personal statement to fit university since we have to apply for uni anyways and think about something else for an apprentiship since its applied through a company like doing a CV instead since its whats used usally for applying to a job?? and when do our personal statements usally need to be done by??
Reply 3
yea our school makes us apply for it anyways and it would be great to have as a backup so would i have to change my personal statement to fit university since we have to apply for uni anyways and think about something else for an apprentiship since its applied through a company like doing a CV instead since its whats used usally for applying to a job?? and when do our personal statements usally need to be done by??

Yes it's like applying for a job, although these days I believe it is more common for companies to want you to fill in a their own CV/questionnaire rather than just send in a standard CV. You'll have to look at the companies websites for details.

Regarding Personal statements and UCAS applications, unless you are applying to med/vet/Oxbridge, the deadline is not until Jan, but that is the UCAS deadline for applying. Schools normally want students to complete everything months before then so that the schools can then do their part of the application, before submitting to UCAS on your behalf. Check with your school.
Reply 4
Original post by lalexm
Yes it's like applying for a job, although these days I believe it is more common for companies to want you to fill in a their own CV/questionnaire rather than just send in a standard CV. You'll have to look at the companies websites for details.

Regarding Personal statements and UCAS applications, unless you are applying to med/vet/Oxbridge, the deadline is not until Jan, but that is the UCAS deadline for applying. Schools normally want students to complete everything months before then so that the schools can then do their part of the application, before submitting to UCAS on your behalf. Check with your school.

okay thank you so much and yes i know that our deadline for applying is much ealier than UCAS deadline and so i should change my personal statement for uni and a personal statement is not really needed for an apprentiship as i can just do a CV ??? thank you so much again ! :smile:
Reply 5
okay thank you so much and yes i know that our deadline for applying is much ealier than UCAS deadline and so i should change my personal statement for uni and a personal statement is not really needed for an apprentiship as i can just do a CV ??? thank you so much again ! :smile:

Yep, personal statement is just for Uni applications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending