The Student Room Group

Downing or Lucy Cavendish?

I'm currently trying to pick the 5 unis I'm going to apply to so I can get that stress out of the way and focus on actually making my application look good, and I just now need to pick a college out of Downing and Lucy Cavendish.

Here are my pros and cons for both

Lucy Cavendish:

- Pro: nice and relaxed
- Pro: lots of state school
- Con: quite small so may be boring?

Downing:

- Pro: large + massive field
- Con: lots of private school
- Con: seemed a lot more stately when I went

I want to go to a college where there are places you can hang out outside and is quite informal, as well as a good (for Cambridge anyway) party life. I'm picking out of these 2 for the kitchens lmao. Any tips?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by tastierspoon460
I'm currently trying to pick the 5 unis I'm going to apply to so I can get that stress out of the way and focus on actually making my application look good, and I just now need to pick a college out of Downing and Lucy Cavendish.

Here are my pros and cons for both

Lucy Cavendish:

- Pro: nice and relaxed
- Pro: lots of state school
- Con: quite small so may be boring?

Downing:

- Pro: large + massive field
- Con: lots of private school
- Con: seemed a lot more stately when I went

I want to go to a college where there are places you can hang out outside and is quite informal, as well as a good (for Cambridge anyway) party life. I'm picking out of these 2 for the kitchens lmao. Any tips?

Buildings don't have moods or emotions, and the population of College changes by about 1 third every year.
Why are you judging the children of parents who can afford to invest in their kids education or scholarship holders?
Lucy Cavendish isn't small, and has plans to grow to be one of the largest Colleges.

The chances of you getting any decent kitchen in your first undergrad year are slim to nil in any College.

Go with something that matters, like the colour of their scarf - ie nothing much matters except what you like most.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending