The Student Room Group

Does college affect Uni?

will the prestige of the sixth form/college I go to increase/decrease the chances of me getting into a university like KCL or ICL(not saying I want to go there specifically but similar universities). So for example if I hypothetically get AAA in a small unknown-ish sixth form vs AAA in a famous sixth form, will I still have the same chance of being accepted in like ICL?
Reply 1
Original post by useless-dismay
will the prestige of the sixth form/college I go to increase/decrease the chances of me getting into a university like KCL or ICL(not saying I want to go there specifically but similar universities). So for example if I hypothetically get AAA in a small unknown-ish sixth form vs AAA in a famous sixth form, will I still have the same chance of being accepted in like ICL?

Not necessarily, some unis have contextual admissions based on where you attend due to the attainment of that school. Chances are if it’s ‘famous’ it’s because it’s known for its high quality education and so theoretically they are more likely to provide better learning opportunities and resources making it ‘easier’ for you to get AAA. The college I attended was under special measures for a long time and under 30% of their students progressed to higher education so some unis gave contextual offers to me as a result to take into account my circumstances and essentially encourage me to go into higher education compared to someone at Eton who will have far more privileges and opportunities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending