The Student Room Group
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Is Trinity Saint David Uni gonna get me where I wanna go?

I am a third year student at College currently, meaning I'm doing one extra year at College and getting one and a half extra alevels (reasoning complicated, not really the point). I've been looking around at uni's for a while, my first being Edinburgh, but didn't quite get the feel, then doing a lot of research around, and I have settled at looking at Exeter, Durham, Warwick and Newcastle as a sort of backup. Then I went with my sister to visit Bangor uni because she wanted to go and I adore Wales (especially north wales), so I thought I'd go along. Long story short I fell in love with the place and the vibe and though they don't have the course I'm looking for (Classical studies or some variant on that), I new that I now wanted to go to go somewhere really small (which I was already slightly aware of). I was doing some research today, when I saw that this uni does an Ancient history course, and it covers partially Latin and Greek languages, which is what I need to cover, as well as the campus being in Lampeter, which is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere wales, exactly what I'm looking for!

The main thing I'm quite worried about is if I do choose to go to this uni, will it affect my future options, as I would like to go on to do postgraduate courses, to get a masters and maybe even go further than that, as I want to be a teacher, and preferably could make my way up to teach at uni, and the course/uni is not ranked particularly favourably, and does not exactly have a brilliant reputation, at least not in the same vain academically as unis like Durham and Exeter, etc.

So essentially, do you think that if I went to this uni it would limit my future options in terms of postgraduate education in Classics/that area.

Thanks!!!
Employers do not give a **** where you study unless it is law or one or two others. Go where you want and achieve a 2:1, should set you up well for employment.
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending