The Student Room Group

Applying to American school

I am moving onto year 12 and my dream is to go to uni in the US. I was wondering if anyone knows any good programs that can help me achieve that aside from the Sutton trust program? I was interested in it since I meet most requirements, but the thing limiting my eligibility is that I am an American citizen. I was born and raised in New York and then I moved to England in 2019 and I have done my gcses here.

My issue is that I come from a low income backgrounds, live in an underfunded area, have been on free school meals and I will be the apart of the first generation of people to go to uni in my family (my parents and grandparents etc. didn’t go to uni)

I feel like I have done well for myself because I am assuming most of my gcse scores are above a grade 7 (A) and it makes me sad that everything just seems so unattainable due to lack of recourses.

I just want to get an undergraduate degree in finance from a good school like NYU or an Ivy League.

Does anyone know what program I can join like the Sutton trust that doesn’t care about me already being American? Or any steps I can take to get into a good American uni as someone educated in England? I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am moving onto year 12 and my dream is to go to uni in the US. I was wondering if anyone knows any good programs that can help me achieve that aside from the Sutton trust program? I was interested in it since I meet most requirements, but the thing limiting my eligibility is that I am an American citizen. I was born and raised in New York and then I moved to England in 2019 and I have done my gcses here.

My issue is that I come from a low income backgrounds, live in an underfunded area, have been on free school meals and I will be the apart of the first generation of people to go to uni in my family (my parents and grandparents etc. didn’t go to uni)

I feel like I have done well for myself because I am assuming most of my gcse scores are above a grade 7 (A) and it makes me sad that everything just seems so unattainable due to lack of recourses.

I just want to get an undergraduate degree in finance from a good school like NYU or an Ivy League.

Does anyone know what program I can join like the Sutton trust that doesn’t care about me already being American? Or any steps I can take to get into a good American uni as someone educated in England? I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you

If ur an american citizen, you will get financial aid from the government
Reply 2
Not asking about aid, was asking about scholarship programmed. Even with aid I could be in a **** ton of dept.

Original post by Ariichu
If ur an american citizen, you will get financial aid from the government

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending