The Student Room Group

What to if you don’t pass resits in medicine?

I am a first year med student and had my resit yesterday and it didn’t go well, there was so much stuff I just didn’t know although I revised that came up on the exams. I don’t think my chances are looking good and my med school’s policy is that if you fail the resit you have to withdraw. I would appreciate any advice at all
Original post by Anonymous
I am a first year med student and had my resit yesterday and it didn’t go well, there was so much stuff I just didn’t know although I revised that came up on the exams. I don’t think my chances are looking good and my med school’s policy is that if you fail the resit you have to withdraw. I would appreciate any advice at all

Just try your best and you'll be fine either way. There's so many options
Original post by Anonymous

Anon,

You might have done better than expected. It can be difficult sometimes to judge how well an exam has gone, so try not to assume the worse!

If things have not gone as expected and you have to withdraw, then you can think about whether you would still like to pursue a career in healthcare or science or whether you would like to do something completely different. It would be good to think about your strengths and interests.

For now, try now to panic!

Whatever happens you have options.

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
(edited 9 months ago)
Attachment not found
Original post by University of Huddersfield
Anon,

You might have done better than expected. It can be difficult sometimes to judge how well an exam has gone, so try not to assume the worse!

If things have not gone as expected and you have to withdraw, then you can think about whether you would still like to pursue a career in healthcare or science or whether you would like to do something completely different. It would be good to think about your strengths and interests.

For now, try now to panic!

Whatever happens you have options.

All the best,

Anon,

I can't view the attachment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending