The Student Room Group

how do i know medicine/or any other career is right for me?

i have to apply for unis now but im not sure whether medicine is right for me- im not that smart and got B, E and U for AS Bio, Maths and Chem and many ppl have told me its very hard and long. i do know i like biology a lot- but there arent many career choices in the bio field which are good long term like a marine biologist. on top of that, im not sure where to study either- im an international student so i have a lot of options. if anyone is able to help out thanks
Reply 1
Original post by kimpo078
i have to apply for unis now but im not sure whether medicine is right for me- im not that smart and got B, E and U for AS Bio, Maths and Chem and many ppl have told me its very hard and long. i do know i like biology a lot- but there arent many career choices in the bio field which are good long term like a marine biologist. on top of that, im not sure where to study either- im an international student so i have a lot of options. if anyone is able to help out than

the application date for medicine has already passed, so if you were thinking medicine you'd have to try for 2025 entry (and resit the UCAT/BMAT). I'd say try and get some work experience or talk to people studying biology at uni to see what they are planning on doing as a career to see what you might enjoy. TBH, if you want to do medicine, at least in the UK, you need to focus on getting your grades up significantly but there are plenty of other biology based career options aside from medicine
Reply 2
The due dates for medicine have passed but you still have options. As an international student I think you can still apply to brunel (if they have spaces) and uclan directly on the website instead of by ucas. Foundation courses may also be an option if you are worried about grades (As most unis ask for A*AA or AAA but uclan and brunel did give out offers with Bs I think)

Work experience is def a great place to start if you are thinking of any other courses other than medicine (late application courses)
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending