The Student Room Group

Deleted
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
When you say "better" choice, it makes it seems as if you are somehow not worthy or less worthy than others. This is rubbish. Sure, you may split up, but chances are that will happen because things are not quite right, not because there is a "better" offer on the table. Be confident in who you are and anyone who leave - well, that is there loss.
Depends on the man and the relationship.

Agree with hotpud's post. Just because someone is with Ariana Grande doesn't mean things are going well in the relationship for both of them.

Broadly speaking, emotionally mature men will give you some kind of indication that the relationship on the way out. But I don't think it's often a case of 'trading up'.
Original post by Beforesunsets
*please do not quote as I might delete later* thank you.

I know the title sounds horrible and generalised but I'm just asking for personal experiences and opinions on this topic.

Recently it's been rumoured ariana grande is dating a guy named ethan slater. Not to be mean but he isn't exactly in her league and he has been married to his High school sweetheart for over 10 years I believe and have a year old baby. It's said that ariana has split up with her husband and been dating him so Ethan would've split up with his wife for her.
**This post is not about them btw! I'm just using this as an example. It's irrelevant whether the rumours are true or not.***

It just got me thinking. This seemingly nice, average looking guy left a woman he has been married to and with for 10+ years, the mother to his child. For a much more convenientally attractive woman like Ariana.

It makes me question if any man given an opportunity to be with a stunning woman above their league would they just drop their gf/wives at the drop of a hat? I know I cannot apply this to every single man. I'm more so asking about the majority or average guy.

It's making me really sad an disappointed to feel like I'll never be good enough for someone to want and for them to just settle with. Even at that there is always someone prettier or more talented than you. Does love even exist if a guy can easily convince you he is head over heels for you. Tells you that you're the one and only for him. Builds a whole life with you. But wouldn't hesitate to leave you when something better is offered to him?

I'm being cynical, I know. I'm just feeling like their is no point to it all if this is what a lot of men will do. (Women are capable of it too but this conversation is about guys) I'm not trying to be sexist but real about this kind of thing.

Thank you for reading and I hope I haven't offended anyone..

It really depends on the man to be honest…
Yes
Original post by Beforesunsets
*please do not quote as I might delete later* thank you.

I know the title sounds horrible and generalised but I'm just asking for personal experiences and opinions on this topic.

Recently it's been rumoured ariana grande is dating a guy named ethan slater. Not to be mean but he isn't exactly in her league and he has been married to his High school sweetheart for over 10 years I believe and have a year old baby. It's said that ariana has split up with her husband and been dating him so Ethan would've split up with his wife for her.
**This post is not about them btw! I'm just using this as an example. It's irrelevant whether the rumours are true or not.***

It just got me thinking. This seemingly nice, average looking guy left a woman he has been married to and with for 10+ years, the mother to his child. For a much more convenientally attractive woman like Ariana.

It makes me question if any man given an opportunity to be with a stunning woman above their league would they just drop their gf/wives at the drop of a hat? I know I cannot apply this to every single man. I'm more so asking about the majority or average guy.

It's making me really sad an disappointed to feel like I'll never be good enough for someone to want and for them to just settle with. Even at that there is always someone prettier or more talented than you. Does love even exist if a guy can easily convince you he is head over heels for you. Tells you that you're the one and only for him. Builds a whole life with you. But wouldn't hesitate to leave you when something better is offered to him?

I'm being cynical, I know. I'm just feeling like their is no point to it all if this is what a lot of men will do. (Women are capable of it too but this conversation is about guys) I'm not trying to be sexist but real about this kind of thing.

Thank you for reading and I hope I haven't offended anyone..

I have been thinking about this lately too which made me quite upset.
Better in what sense? if they find someone who they're more attracted to, like better, yeah. But that doesn't mean they're better in some objective sense.
Reply 7
"Isn't exactly in her league", how? Is one in the EFL and one in the Prem? NFC East and AFC South?

Actually, there are no leagues in dating and 'stunning' is relative. People who truly love each other will consider their partner to be gorgeous, amazing etc, so no.
Reply 8
Some people are more stable and reliable and thus trustworthy than others. We are a pair bonding species and it’s questionable if multiple long term relationships lead to any greater happiness. Personally I find trustworthiness a very impressive and attractive trait

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending