The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Everyone who has 7A*s or more will automatically get an interview. They then use any spaces left over to interview those with 6 then 5 etc..

However once you have had the interview, its all about that and that is what their decision is based upon.

I was told that on the open day.
My friend has eleven A*s and still hasn't received an interview from them but she has had interviews from Newcastle, Kings and has one for Cambridge next month. So I don't think they rank them at all.
Reply 3
26a*
Reply 4
7-8 apparently to almost guarantee an interview
Reply 5
mikeuk2006

I was hoping people could state how many A*s at gcse they got and whether theyd received an interview if they had applied there???

I got 11A* at GCSE and got an interview in early November (and got an offer, waheeey!!) :biggrin:

I think 7A* is the magic number they mentioned on the open day though, so above that you should be fine.
Reply 6
7-8
Reply 7
ToriWS
Everyone who has 7A*s or more will automatically get an interview. They then use any spaces left over to interview those with 6 then 5 etc..

However once you have had the interview, its all about that and that is what their decision is based upon.

I was told that on the open day.

hehe you're perfect you have seven lol :yep:
Reply 8
med_lion
26a*

:ditto: how could they not know
Reply 9
i only have 3 :frown: is this the same for all med schools?
Reply 10
Harmonium
I got 11A* at GCSE and got an interview in early November (and got an offer, waheeey!!) :biggrin:

I think 7A* is the magic number they mentioned on the open day though, so above that you should be fine.

where else did you apply?
Reply 11
SS92

No :biggrin:
Reply 12
SS92

No, not at all. Most uni's dont take TOO much interest in gcse's but obviously as much A's/A*'s helps. the AAB-AAA predicted grades is what matters aswell as a good ukcat score (dno if theyre doing it after this year)
Reply 13
I was wondering if there cut-off point was just a reflection of what happened last year. Im curious whether the amount of A*s relates to how early someone is interviewed? Tbh i think its a ridiculous way of filtering through candidates.
Reply 14
No I think they interview in order of when your application was received, but who they interview depends on whether you have 7 A*s or not.

Because I've seen people with just 7 A*s go for interview, and people with like 10A*s still waiting.
Reply 15
lostphotobooth
My friend has eleven A*s and still hasn't received an interview from them but she has had interviews from Newcastle, Kings and has one for Cambridge next month. So I don't think they rank them at all.

Thats like me, I got 10 A* and 1A at GCSE and still haven't heard from Birmingham :frown:
I called up and they said they haven't interviewed anyone with less than 8A* yet though so I am presuming they have a list of the applicants ranked in order of number of GCSE A* grades somewhere!
Reply 16
*Princess*
Thats like me, I got 10 A* and 1A at GCSE and still haven't heard from Birmingham :frown:
I called up and they said they haven't interviewed anyone with less than 8A* yet though so I am presuming they have a list of the applicants ranked in order of number of GCSE A* grades somewhere!
wow really!? My friend got an interview and I'm sure he had 7...I'll have to check how many he had again :redface:
Reply 17
iSimon
wow really!? My friend got an interview and I'm sure he had 7...I'll have to check how many he had again :redface:

Although my UCAS got sent off really late (stupid school) on the 13th October so that may explain things
Reply 18
*Princess*

Yeah, a guy i met at my Birmingham interview had 7A*'s and 4A's...
Reply 19
Vazzyb
where else did you apply?

Cam, UCL and Bristol.

Latest

Trending

Trending