The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Student Support at DMU

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are trying to enjoy the summer holidays even though we haven't had the best weather! Remember to keep smiling and get excited to start your studies at DMU!

Something that is very important to DMU is making sure that all students are happy at University! DMU has many great student support facilities, some of which I used myself, that help students with their well-being and even their academic work.

Here at DMU we have an excellent team of people who run HealthyDMU and this is a hub that helps students with their health and well-being. For example they offer 1 to 1 appointments if students feel they need to discuss something in private with someone so they can get the help they need.

Also within HealthyDMU they offer many different masterclasses, I attended one which looked at ways in which you can have a more positive mindset which challenges you to do something new and this helped me with feeling more positive about university in my final year. I couldn't recommend these classes more, they are really great ways to learn something new, get some advice and even talk to new people!!

If you wish to find out more about HealthyDMU check out their website, there is so much helpful information on there. https://www.dmu.ac.uk/healthy/index.aspx

DMU also offer academic support! For example at the Kimberlin Library, they have an area called the learning development zone and they offer a range of workshops, drop ins and tutorials to assist students with their academic needs! In my 2nd year I struggled with my essay writing so I had a one to one with a member of staff and they helped me structure my essay and we discussed ways in which I can get higher marks and this really made me feel more confident about academic writing.

DMU Library have so many different workshops relevant to all years of students and they even can help you with statistics and maths skills. When I was in my 3rd year they had some related to different parts of writing a dissertation! If you wish to find out more visit the DMU Library website https://library.dmu.ac.uk/DMU

As you can see one of the great things about DMU is all the support they have, including support with disabilities, academic and well-being! As well as all these facilities, the biggest support at DMU is from all the wonderful students and staff around you! So you will feel supported in no time if you are joining us at De Montfort University!

I hope this has helped and best wishes!

-Tianna :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending