The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Engineering at Bristol

Hi, I will be studying engineering at Bristol this year and I am undecided between studying Civil engineering or Engineering Mathematics. I have my own views on the 2 courses but I would really appreciate some other information from people who are doing these courses or know people who do them. Thank you very much :smile:
Hi, I study at Bristol. I am doing Engineering Mathematics but I know and talk to alot of Civil people. For first year, you will be studying mostly the same. You'll be doing "Engineering Science ", " Engineering Maths" together. For Engineering Maths, you'll be doing more maths stuff and coding. For civil, you'll be doing more towards designing and 3d models or something like that. Second year is where it seperates, Civil will be doing more designing where engineering maths will be doing linear algebrea, discrete maths 2 which combines with their knowledge from year 1 coding to do projects ( coding and research ). Engineering maths can be quite diverse and there are people that ddid Eng Maths which become civil engineer, coder, software developer or data scientist, banking as well. Civil engineers from Bristol can get into really good architechture firms or companies that design bridges. If you do civil, you can later do a masters in Mechanical or Aerospace if u are interested. So its up to you which u like more, design and physics? or coding and maths?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending