The Student Room Group

Warwick vs Bristol vs Bath Engineering

I know Bristol and Bath are better for mechanical engineering, but I might want to go into finance (IB) or become a quant after Uni, so would an engineering degree from Warwick be preferred as it is a "targeted" Uni for finance? Bath and Bristol are better if I wanted to become an engineer, but is Warwick better if I wanted to switch careers after Uni?
Original post by Sirius17
I know Bristol and Bath are better for mechanical engineering, but I might want to go into finance (IB) or become a quant after Uni, so would an engineering degree from Warwick be preferred as it is a "targeted" Uni for finance? Bath and Bristol are better if I wanted to become an engineer, but is Warwick better if I wanted to switch careers after Uni?

They are all excellent universities.

Ultimately you want to be happy at your university choice so I recommend visiting all universities and choosing the one you feel is the best fit for you

- Do you like the city?
- Does the course content appeal to you
- Are there decent placement opportunities available while studying?
- If mech eng, might you want to do a fourth year and convert to a masters.

The happier you are at uni, the more likely you are to succeed. Get some work experience. Have something more on your CV than just your course and you will be more desirable to employers.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Thank you once again TSR for not answering my initial question! How hard is it to just get a simple answer, either Bristol, Bath or Warwick. But no, people on TSR insist on giving essay replies instead of answering a simple question with a one word answer.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Thank you once again TSR for not answering my initial question! How hard is it to just get a simple answer, either Bristol, Bath or Warwick. But no, people on TSR insist on giving essay replies instead of answering a simple question with a one word answer.

bristol. iirc it was one of the most targeted in recent grad market thing and is also one of the best for engineering. it wins location-wise imo too
Reply 4
Original post by catss
bristol. iirc it was one of the most targeted in recent grad market thing and is also one of the best for engineering. it wins location-wise imo too

Thank you for actually giving a straightforward answer instead of loads of waffle

Both are all equally prestigious and you’ll have no issue applying to IB from any of them. I went to Bristol and had the best time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest