The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Official University of Central Lancashire 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Central Lancashire for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Has anyone else applied for the veterinary medicine foundation year?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by Cheezu
Has anyone else applied for the veterinary medicine foundation year?

I have!! I put it down as my 5th UCAS option since if I don't get an offer for vet med this year I would regret taking another course (also ran out of time to pick a second choice because I originally wasn't going to apply at all this year bc I was going through it mentally until my therapist told me I would regret it so now anything I do get out of this is just an added bonus:smile:) and not trying at least one more time so I didn't see the point in putting a non-vet fifth down whereas a foundation year is something I'd be happy to do! I don't expect to be taken seriously since I've also applied to the five-year course at UCLan but I think it could potentially help me if things go really south on results day, what have you heard from them so far? I know they've received my application and I've heard from them through email but haven't gotten an official confirmation email.
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Central Lancashire for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

1) Physician Associate Studies (Undergraduate)

2) Biology ,Chemistry and Maths A-Level
Reply 4
Original post by clozapine
I have!! I put it down as my 5th UCAS option since if I don't get an offer for vet med this year I would regret taking another course (also ran out of time to pick a second choice because I originally wasn't going to apply at all this year bc I was going through it mentally until my therapist told me I would regret it so now anything I do get out of this is just an added bonus:smile:) and not trying at least one more time so I didn't see the point in putting a non-vet fifth down whereas a foundation year is something I'd be happy to do! I don't expect to be taken seriously since I've also applied to the five-year course at UCLan but I think it could potentially help me if things go really south on results day, what have you heard from them so far? I know they've received my application and I've heard from them through email but haven't gotten an official confirmation email.

Hi! All I’ve gotten is an acknowledgment email and the track your application thing which is a bit useless cause it just brings me back to the page before over and over again. I didn’t get the necessary gcses so I had to apply for the foundation year but if I don’t get in this year i’m considering taking a gap year and retaking my gcses then applying again as with better gcses I could also apply to more unis for vet med.
Original post by Cheezu
Hi! All I’ve gotten is an acknowledgment email and the track your application thing which is a bit useless cause it just brings me back to the page before over and over again. I didn’t get the necessary gcses so I had to apply for the foundation year but if I don’t get in this year i’m considering taking a gap year and retaking my gcses then applying again as with better gcses I could also apply to more unis for vet med.

I finally got that email this morning!! I had a bit of trouble because I applied for deferral but they don't offer deferral so they've changed it to 2023 entry, I'd prefer a gap year but I'll take whatever I can get!! I really wish I could see UCLan in person, its the only one I've applied to that I haven't been to- I live only an hour's drive away but it's 4-5 hours by public transport and I can't really afford to go atm. What other unis have you applied to?? That's really annoying with the gcses since I'm guessing your year was the first to be teacher assessed so it wasn't a great way to measure your potential :frown:
Reply 6
I finally got that email this morning!! I had a bit of trouble because I applied for deferral but they don't offer deferral so they've changed it to 2023 entry, I'd prefer a gap year but I'll take whatever I can get!! I really wish I could see UCLan in person, its the only one I've applied to that I haven't been to- I live only an hour's drive away but it's 4-5 hours by public transport and I can't really afford to go atm. What other unis have you applied to?? That's really annoying with the gcses since I'm guessing your year was the first to be teacher assessed so it wasn't a great way to measure your potential :frown:

Hahahah that’s alright I haven’t visited any of my unis and yeah it was teacher assessed but I got 9s-7s in everything except science :angry: Applied to Exeter for Zoology and Marine Biology and Bangor Zoology with Marine Biology (1 course except 2) and Harper Adams for Biosciejce with access to vet med.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Cheezu
Hahahah that’s alright I haven’t visited any of my unis and yeah it was teacher assessed but I got 9s-7s in everything except science :angry: Applied to Exeter for Zoology and Marine Biology and Bangor Zoology with Marine Biology (1 course except 2) and Harper Adams for Biosciejce with access to vet med.

That really sucks :frown: if you're getting great grades in all the others your revision method and work ethic deffo isn't the problem, I really hope you'll get a place this year but if not I'm sure resits will go smoothly,, you could even do them this year alongside your A levels so you won't have to prepare for them separately!! (funny thing my biology teacher did marine bio at bangor!)
Reply 8
That really sucks :frown: if you're getting great grades in all the others your revision method and work ethic deffo isn't the problem, I really hope you'll get a place this year but if not I'm sure resits will go smoothly,, you could even do them this year alongside your A levels so you won't have to prepare for them separately!! (funny thing my biology teacher did marine bio at bangor!)

Hiya again, received anything about an interview or still no reply? I haven’t received anything yet :mad:
Original post by Cheezu
Hiya again, received anything about an interview or still no reply? I haven’t received anything yet :mad:

Hey!! I haven't received anything at all either but that might partially be because I haven't been able to log in to the portal-- UCLan have been really inconsistent with email replies too they've replied to some of my emails but not all of them which has been quite frustrating for me,, please keep me updated if you get anything!!! Someone on the vet med thread mentioned something about a transferrable skills questionnaire so have you done/heard about that??
Hey!! I haven't received anything at all either but that might partially be because I haven't been able to log in to the portal-- UCLan have been really inconsistent with email replies too they've replied to some of my emails but not all of them which has been quite frustrating for me,, please keep me updated if you get anything!!! Someone on the vet med thread mentioned something about a transferrable skills questionnaire so have you done/heard about that??

Nope, I’ve had 0 communication from them so far and the tracker is as useless as always. They are really notoriously bad with their emails, they were one of the first I emailed and the last to reply! I’ve been able to log onto the portal but absolutely nothing has changed.

To change the mood though, Ive gotten my first offer of Zoology & Marine Biology Msci at Bangor. You got any offers yet? :smile:
Hi,
I’m looking at applying for Asian Pacific studies with Korean. I’m not currently a student, I’m 25 been to college a few times and been to uni and have an fdsc but want to go back and do something else even if it means funding my first year myself.
Original post by Cheezu
Nope, I’ve had 0 communication from them so far and the tracker is as useless as always. They are really notoriously bad with their emails, they were one of the first I emailed and the last to reply! I’ve been able to log onto the portal but absolutely nothing has changed.

To change the mood though, Ive gotten my first offer of Zoology & Marine Biology Msci at Bangor. You got any offers yet? :smile:

I'm glad that we're in the same boat with the replies at least!! I thought that they'd communicate a bit more bc their online Q and As were quite engaging and they were really helpful :frown: thats such great news about your offer and I'm super happy for you!!!! fingers crossed that there are loads more offers to come :smile:

I haven't gotten any offers yet but that's as expected seeing as I've applied to 4 vet med and 1 foundation,, I think lancs wants me to pay international fees which sucks so much and means that I probably won't put them down as insurance anymore (im paying home at nottingham and hopefully rvc and bristol too!) and I'll just have to hope for the best w grades, I really wish they were teacher assessed this year!
Original post by Cheezu

Hey, we're really sorry to hear this. It is a very busy time at the University but we would like to look into why you have been waiting for a while for a response. Please could you send us a direct message via our social accounts with your full name, applicant number and course and we can look into this as a priority?

Thanks,

Hollie
Original post by UCLan Student
Hey, we're really sorry to hear this. It is a very busy time at the University but we would like to look into why you have been waiting for a while for a response. Please could you send us a direct message via our social accounts with your full name, applicant number and course and we can look into this as a priority?

Thanks,

Hollie

Hi, that’s fine! I did eventually get my email answered, I was just commenting on how long it took. Also it’s fine I don’t need my application to be looked at as a priority as I feel thatd be unfair to the others here :smile:

Thank you for the concern though.
I'm glad that we're in the same boat with the replies at least!! I thought that they'd communicate a bit more bc their online Q and As were quite engaging and they were really helpful :frown: thats such great news about your offer and I'm super happy for you!!!! fingers crossed that there are loads more offers to come :smile:

I haven't gotten any offers yet but that's as expected seeing as I've applied to 4 vet med and 1 foundation,, I think lancs wants me to pay international fees which sucks so much and means that I probably won't put them down as insurance anymore (im paying home at nottingham and hopefully rvc and bristol too!) and I'll just have to hope for the best w grades, I really wish they were teacher assessed this year!

Thanks and good luck! :smile:
Hi everyone!

I applied for the Veterinary Science course in UCLan! I'm currently doing Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics at A level.
Hi,

I have applied for medicine. Cannot seem to find a separate thread for it.

Good luck with your applications guys!
Original post by Cheezu
Hi, that’s fine! I did eventually get my email answered, I was just commenting on how long it took. Also it’s fine I don’t need my application to be looked at as a priority as I feel thatd be unfair to the others here :smile:

Thank you for the concern though.

No problem! We want all of our students to feel heard, I am glad you got a response and everything is sorted. I wish you the best of luck on your university journey.

Thanks,

Hollie ☺️
Original post by Cheezu
Thanks and good luck! :smile:

UCLan just sent me an email saying that a response to my request would be on my portal but my request was related to the fact that I can't access my portal pslssss have you heard anything from them recently? I think I'll have to call up at some point this week and get things sorted :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending