The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLan foundation year, live at home or accommodations?

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone lived at home while studying foundation year? I don't want to pay for and live in accommodations until I have started my 1st year, when my course starts to get more intense. As a foundation course I expect it to be a bit lax so maybe I can afford time to commute? The commute is a 1hour bus journey, is that feasible?
Original post by squishaddict
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone lived at home while studying foundation year? I don't want to pay for and live in accommodations until I have started my 1st year, when my course starts to get more intense. As a foundation course I expect it to be a bit lax so maybe I can afford time to commute? The commute is a 1hour bus journey, is that feasible?

Hi there!

I lived at home during my foundation year (mine was in medical sciences) and then only moved out in my 3rd year! Commuting was absolutely fine for me, the only difficulty I found was if I wanted to go to social events in the evening it took a bit more effort / planning to get there!

I hope this helps! If you would like to show your support, please consider leaving us your vote for Best Official Rep here: TSR Community Awards 2023: Best Official Rep Award - VOTING NOW OPEN - The Student Room

-Rebecca, UCLan
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi there!
I lived at home during my foundation year (mine was in medical sciences) and then only moved out in my 3rd year! Commuting was absolutely fine for me, the only difficulty I found was if I wanted to go to social events in the evening it took a bit more effort / planning to get there!
I hope this helps! If you would like to show your support, please consider leaving us your vote for Best Official Rep here: TSR Community Awards 2023: Best Official Rep Award - VOTING NOW OPEN - The Student Room
-Rebecca, UCLan
What was your timetable like for foundation year?
What was your timetable like for foundation year?

Hi there!

I did my foundation year 5 years ago now some things may have changed so please bare this in mind! I had around 3 days a week in classes for my foundation year and usually had 2-3 classes a day. This can change week on week and this is just to give you an idea!

I hope this helps,
Rebecca
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi there!
I did my foundation year 5 years ago now some things may have changed so please bare this in mind! I had around 3 days a week in classes for my foundation year and usually had 2-3 classes a day. This can change week on week and this is just to give you an idea!
I hope this helps,
Rebecca
Alright thank you, I plan on asking students and staff when I attend UCLan's offer holder day. One more question, how long was your commute time and did you use public transport or drive?
Alright thank you, I plan on asking students and staff when I attend UCLan's offer holder day. One more question, how long was your commute time and did you use public transport or drive?

I drove to campus and it was about a 20minute drive. UCLan is however located in a great place if you're wanting to use public transport, it is about a 10 minute walk from the train station and about 10 minutes from the bus station as well! We also have discount ticket options available for students that you can read more about here !

I hope this helps,
-Rebecca, UCLan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending