The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Missed assignment

Hello,
I’m a first year student at UCLAN and haven’t completed one assignment from semester one, I’m now in semester two and now I’m worried I’ll fail and not get onto year 2. Can someone help me
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,
I’m a first year student at UCLAN and haven’t completed one assignment from semester one, I’m now in semester two and now I’m worried I’ll fail and not get onto year 2. Can someone help me

Why have you not completed the assignment? Are there any relevant extenuating circumstances? Have you requested and extension?

If neither of those are the case, then you'll likely get a mark of zero for the assignment. Were there other assignments / assessments within that module which you did do, which might have allowed you to scrape a pass in that module, despite missing that one assignment entirely?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by DataVenia
Why have you not completed the assignment? Are there any relevant extenuating circumstances? Have you requested and extension?

If neither of those are the case, then you'll likely get a mark of zero for the assignment. Were there other assignments / assessments within that module which you did do, which might have allowed you to scrape a pass in that module, despite missing that one assignment entirely?
I haven’t completed it as I have had a lot going on in my personal life including having to chase up debt which was left by my ex, I can’t contact him due to there being a no contact order in place. There was a separate module I did which I passed. Not sure if that counts
Original post by bethrach18X
I haven’t completed it as I have had a lot going on in my personal life including having to chase up debt which was left by my ex, I can’t contact him due to there being a no contact order in place. There was a separate module I did which I passed. Not sure if that counts

Separate module? I was asking about other assessments or assignments within the same module.

You need to contact someone within the university (your academic advisor / module leader / whoever) to establish your situation. Hopefully, as your in first year, they'll cut you a little slack.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello,
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through a difficult time. Have you been able to talk to a friend or loved one about how you are feeling? There's lots of support here at UCLan that you have access to as a student, you can learn more about the support available by visiting the Student Hub and if you have any questions or need further information please feel free to send us a direct message.

With regards to your assignment, I would recommend you reach out to your course tutor or course leader who will be able to provide you with the best advice.

Best wishes,
Sarah
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through a difficult time. Have you been able to talk to a friend or loved one about how you are feeling? There's lots of support here at UCLan that you have access to as a student, you can learn more about the support available by visiting the Student Hub and if you have any questions or need further information please feel free to send us a direct message.
With regards to your assignment, I would recommend you reach out to your course tutor or course leader who will be able to provide you with the best advice.
Best wishes,
Sarah
Hi Sarah
It’s all sorted now, I got a new resubmission date for yesterday and handed it in thank you
Hi Sarah
It’s all sorted now, I got a new resubmission date for yesterday and handed it in thank you
Hi @bethrach18X,

Glad to hear things have been sorted 😊

All the best,
Sarah
Just a question I have, is there any financial help available from UCLAN? I’ve emailed student support but they haven’t responded yet
Just a question I have, is there any financial help available from UCLAN? I’ve emailed student support but they haven’t responded yet
Hi @bethrach18X,

Thanks for your question. Here at UCLan there is lots of support available for students including financial advisors, scholarships and bursaries, hardship funds and careers support. You can find lots of financial support and guidance over on the cost of living support hub linked here.

I'm sorry to read that you haven't received a response to your email yet, if you would like to send us a direct message through any of our social media channels with your email address I'd be happy to have a look into this for you.

If you have any questions do let me know.

Best wishes,
Sarah
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello,

Apply for a special paper of the unit you did not do then you will be given the paper..be graded and proceed.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

Just out of curiosity. You wouldn't be an international student who is working to help with your expenses? If so, it that why you didn't have time to do your assignments?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending