The Student Room Group

BMAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Important, read this first: https://www.admissionstesting.org/for-test-takers/bmat/bmat-october/

Link to last years thread

Click here for key dates to look out for. The below dates were taken from this link:

1 September 2023 Registration opens, Test centres can register candidates from this date
15 September 2023 Deadline to apply for modified papers (e.g. enlarged print)
29 September 2023 at 18.00 (BST) Deadline for test centres to register candidates
29 September 2023 at 18.00 (BST) Deadline to apply for Access Arrangements (e.g. extra time)
29 September 2023 at 18.00 (BST) Deadline to apply for test voucher code*
18 October 2023 Test date
24 November 2023 at 9.00 GMT Results released
1 December 2023 Deadline to apply for a Results Enquiry

Tell us about yourself
* Subject applying for
* University choices (if known)
* A-Levels/ Equiv taking
* Additional qualifications (if any)
* Predicted/ Achieved grades (A level/ eq)
* Achieved GCSE/ Equiv grades
* State/Private/Grammar/Home ~

How the BMAT is structured

Spoiler

As of today, only the Oxford and Cambridge 2024 threads have been set up. You may go to them directly by clicking on the University names:

Oxford Thread

Cambridge Thread

Some useful resources:

BMAT Past Papers
r/BMATExam
BMAT Section 2 Official Knowledge Guide

Good luck!
(edited 9 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
@KA_P could you pin this post? It would be great to get more students thinking about the BMAT. Thanks!
Original post by Crow_M
@KA_P could you pin this post? It would be great to get more students thinking about the BMAT. Thanks!

Done!
hello, where is everyone practicising for the bmat from? medify or physical books?
Reply 4
Original post by zalishmalikk
hello, where is everyone practicising for the bmat from? medify or physical books?

Using official past papers for the NSAA, BMAT, TSA. Doing some courses too.
Reply 5
Ditto with Crow - goign well using official BMAT and TSA papers. Medify looks good with their question bank thingys but doesn't seem to actually grade the essays but I managed to find a pretty good-for-value doctor to give feedback my essays - so far pretty good, PM me if anyone else applying for 2024 entry and wanna try him out
Reply 6
Original post by mchk1001
Ditto with Crow - goign well using official BMAT and TSA papers. Medify looks good with their question bank thingys but doesn't seem to actually grade the essays but I managed to find a pretty good-for-value doctor to give feedback my essays - so far pretty good, PM me if anyone else applying for 2024 entry and wanna try him out

Medify is terrible, they used Year 12s and 13s to write questions for them. At times they used rephrased IMAT questions, do not recommend.

Which unis are you applying to? Btw the second bit of your post can get you banned for advertising by the mods lol
Reply 7
Original post by Crow_M
Medify is terrible, they used Year 12s and 13s to write questions for them. At times they used rephrased IMAT questions, do not recommend.

Which unis are you applying to? Btw the second bit of your post can get you banned for advertising by the mods lol

Damn, I didn't realise Medify was that bad! I am looking to apply for mainly the London ones, but just because I have family there and looks like other unis tend to send people all over the place and moving around kind of sucks... Which ones are you applying for?

Also oops, thanks for the heads up. Didn't know that sounded like advertising - now I am looking very guilty joining the medify bash haha
Is BMAT ninja a good resource for preparing for the bmat? Also what would be the best way to structure your prep, if I started 6 weeks before the exam?
hi, i'm planning on sitting the bmat as my ucat score was horrendous. i hope my bmat goes a lot better than my ucat. i'm a bit unsure on where i should start now. i've got the bmat medify bundle so i might try doing some questions from there and see how it goes. i definitely need to brush up on my gcse physics though
Reply 10
Original post by oliviapope1
hi, i'm planning on sitting the bmat as my ucat score was horrendous. i hope my bmat goes a lot better than my ucat. i'm a bit unsure on where i should start now. i've got the bmat medify bundle so i might try doing some questions from there and see how it goes. i definitely need to brush up on my gcse physics though

From experience, Medify is terrible; r/BMATExam exposed them for hiring Year 12-13s to write questions for them.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Crow_M
From experience, Medify is terrible; r/BMATExam exposed them for hiring Year 12-13s to write questions for them.

thank you for letting me know! are there any specific resources that you recommend that i use?
can anyone in London suggest a test centre? cheers
Reply 13
Original post by Chi chi5
can anyone in London suggest a test centre? cheers

https://www.admissionstesting.org/find-a-centre/?region=London&location=United%20Kingdom&city=London

All the London test centres are available here.
ty x I know there are colleges that allow private candidates such as London Brooke's college, looking for one nearer than those listed on the site x tysm
I can't seem to find the website to apply for a bursary for the BMAT? Can someone assist?
Reply 16
Original post by cutelilpapiclown
I can't seem to find the website to apply for a bursary for the BMAT? Can someone assist?

https://cambridgeenglish.formstack.com/forms/test_voucher_code_application_form
Reply 17
Where can i get practice essays marked? I'm thinking of just asking my chemistry teacher (also head of medicine applications at my school) to mark a few over the next few weeks
Would anyone mind stopping by my thread on Section 3, maybe adding a few notes on my essay. The point of the thread is all self-contained within it.
Original post by quagmiretoilet
Would anyone mind stopping by my thread on Section 3, maybe adding a few notes on my essay. The point of the thread is all self-contained within it.

please send the link

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending