The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

I'm thinking of applying for Law at Oxford, LSE, KCL and UCL in the next cycle (2024). Does anyone have any recommendations on how to start it and what books would be beneficial to read to include?
Original post by CatandCat
I'm thinking of applying for Law at Oxford, LSE, KCL and UCL in the next cycle (2024). Does anyone have any recommendations on how to start it and what books would be beneficial to read to include?

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I'm considering KCL but need to know what I'm up against lol.

Anyway, I got accepted into a few RGs last year for law I'm just taking a gap year - I read The Rule of Law, Letters to a Law student, and did a 6 week MOOC by Cambridge online - just search up "Cambridge law MOOC"

I think with law also it is beneficial to read scholars' articles on various issues with the law. It is a subject which requires you to develop well educated opinions and be involved in debates - so in my new PS I'm gonna read up on a few articles around an area I'm interested in (for me Human Rights Law) and include your opinion on the matter. (Don't take this literally tho, I'm also just a student).
Reply 2
Original post by gregregregreg
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I'm considering KCL but need to know what I'm up against lol.

Anyway, I got accepted into a few RGs last year for law I'm just taking a gap year - I read The Rule of Law, Letters to a Law student, and did a 6 week MOOC by Cambridge online - just search up "Cambridge law MOOC"

I think with law also it is beneficial to read scholars' articles on various issues with the law. It is a subject which requires you to develop well educated opinions and be involved in debates - so in my new PS I'm gonna read up on a few articles around an area I'm interested in (for me Human Rights Law) and include your opinion on the matter. (Don't take this literally tho, I'm also just a student).

I'm also interested in Human Rights Law. I've already put in my application but thanks for the recommendations anyway. My predicted grades are A*A*AA and an AS B grade in maths. What about you? , I'm really nervous about my application its all a bit scary.
Original post by CatandCat
I'm also interested in Human Rights Law. I've already put in my application but thanks for the recommendations anyway. My predicted grades are A*A*AA and an AS B grade in maths. What about you? , I'm really nervous about my application its all a bit scary.

I did my A-Levels last year and got A*A*A, but in soft subjects. I'm going to apply to different universities at different times.
Reply 4
Original post by gregregregreg

Anyway, I got accepted into a few RGs last year for law I'm just taking a gap year - I read The Rule of Law, Letters to a Law student, and did a 6 week MOOC by Cambridge online - just search up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending